Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chad Ochocinco Accepts Challenge to Throw Down With A Bull

Featured Replies

bull_riding.jpg

 

The Associated Press reports that Chad Ochocinco has accepted a challenge from the Professional Bull Riders to ride a bull at the LucasOil Invitational this weekend. The event will take place in Duluth, Georgia. We’re guessing good tickets are still available.

 

The Ocho tried out for the Major League Soccer team in Kansas City in March. That adventure ended in a standing invitation to practice with the team.

 

Ochocinco will earn $10,000 if he rides the bull. If he can stay on it for the requisite eight seconds, Ochocinco gets a new Ford F-150 and can rename the bull. (Our suggestion: “Mike Brown")

He tweeted he would named it Marvin Lewis. I hope the Bull breaks his leg. Does that make me a bad person?

  • Author

So long as the bull doesn't break Chad's mouth, he should be fine.

I am so sick of hearing about the reality star that is Chad Ochocinco. I hope he finds a new team so we don't have to deal with him in Cincinnati anymore.

I was someone who use to be a fan on his, but that was back when he made football his life. I enjoyed hearing the stories back then of how he would basically sleep every night at the stadium trying to learn as much as he could. I even didn't mind him and his touchdown celebrations, however when he has now starting doing all these other things and showing football is not what he really cares about anymore it just made me now not want him here anymore either.

I was someone who use to be a fan on his, but that was back when he made football his life. I enjoyed hearing the stories back then of how he would basically sleep every night at the stadium trying to learn as much as he could. I even didn't mind him and his touchdown celebrations, however when he has now starting doing all these other things and showing football is not what he really cares about anymore it just made me now not want him here anymore either.

That is what happened to me. At one point Chad was concerned first and foremost about performance. He had a couple of good seasons, people got consumed with the celebrations and guarantees, and he turns in to his alter-ego "OchoCinco".

I thought he changed his name back to Johnson? I bet he's tired of the Ochocinco idea now, he will forever be Ocho.

I hate to admit it, but I would like to see this...

  • Author

Will Chad show up or punk out??

By Gary Mihoces, USA TODAY

 

The bull is named Deja Blu. He weighs about 1,500 pounds. He may have an appointment this weekend with Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocinco.

 

The Professional Bull Riders says it has chosen Deja Blu for Ochocinco to ride if he takes the PBR up on its challenge. The try would take place Saturday night at the PBR's Lucas Oil Invitational at The Arena at Gwinnett Center in Duluth,. Ga., a suburb of Atlanta.

 

This is Deja Blu's fourth PBR season. His name is a play on Dodger Blue. He was once co-owned by former Los Angeles Dodgers manager Tommy Lasorda. This season, he has successfully been ridden for eight seconds five out of 12 times out of the chute (58.3 percent buck-off rate). His average buck-off time: 3.87 seconds. He's smallish by the standards of the PBR, which has some 2,000-plus-pounders.

Of course he'll punk out again. He's such a baby I'm completely fed up with his crap off of the field. I'd have more respect for him if he took up to Zbikowski's charity boxing match offer. Chad talked some smack to him and never followed through, like always.

  • Author

Chad came about 2 inches away from having deja blu stomp his left femur into pieces. I have a confession. Chad is one of my all time favorite Bengals. He has never been arrested, doesn't force himself on women (or men), does not drink or smoke and, by the way, is the all time Bengals leader in receptions, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns.

 

Eddie Brown 2 (x) Pro Bowl Appearance

Carl Pickins 2 (x) Pro Bowl Appearance

Chris Collinsworth 3 (x) Pro Bowl Appearance

Isaac Curtis 4 (x) Pro Bowl Appearance

Chad 6 (x) Pro Bowl Appearance

 

Dude is entertaining.

Edited by Flotsam

I was someone who use to be a fan on his, but that was back when he made football his life. I enjoyed hearing the stories back then of how he would basically sleep every night at the stadium trying to learn as much as he could. I even didn't mind him and his touchdown celebrations, however when he has now starting doing all these other things and showing football is not what he really cares about anymore it just made me now not want him here anymore either.

 

I think OchoCinco is one of the best entertainers the NFL has ever seen. I enjoy the heck out of the guy and have never understood why people were irritated by him. But I have to agree with you on how he has let football slip from his focus. I enjoyed him because beyond all the antics, he was always pointed to as probably the hardest working player on the team. He spent nights sleeping at PBR during the week as he prepped for games. No one outworked him at practices. That is what I admired about him as much as anything else. But it seems that his work ethic has slipped over the past couple of seasons and not surprisingly, so has his production. So I can see where you are coming from. I still think he is entertaining but I wish more of the entertainment came from watching him scoring TD's.

I think OchoCinco is one of the best entertainers the NFL has ever seen. I enjoy the heck out of the guy and have never understood why people were irritated by him. But I have to agree with you on how he has let football slip from his focus. I enjoyed him because beyond all the antics, he was always pointed to as probably the hardest working player on the team. He spent nights sleeping at PBR during the week as he prepped for games. No one outworked him at practices. That is what I admired about him as much as anything else. But it seems that his work ethic has slipped over the past couple of seasons and not surprisingly, so has his production. So I can see where you are coming from. I still think he is entertaining but I wish more of the entertainment came from watching him scoring TD's.

 

Those are the things I have issues with. Football has taken a backstage to all this.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.