Kemba Has Read ONE Book In His Entire Life

Clyde

I find it impossible to believe that people cannot find books that interest them. You have hobbies, right? You like certain sports, right? There are books on EVERYTHING.

If nothing else you should read to improve your vocab and writing skills.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 35 and can only name 2 books I am positive I read cover to cover. I hate it and would rather have my butt kicked then read a book. I can barely get through an article if it's more then 5 or 6 paragraphs long. And I am not including childerns books. I rea at least one of those every night to my kids.

Heck I barely get through some of the long winded posts on here. :lol:

I definitely think reading is good for improving vocabulary and knowledge on certain subjects etc. but it's about as time consuming of a hobby as you can get. With work and school my free time is usually spent hanging out gaming, playing basketball, or just watching TV. Reading is not something I enjoy doing in my limited free time.

I definitely think reading is good for improving vocabulary and knowledge on certain subjects etc. but it's about as time consuming of a hobby as you can get. With work and school my free time is usually spent hanging out gaming, playing basketball, or just watching TV. Reading is not something I enjoy doing in my limited free time.

That is pretty much how I feel.

That's why there's Ratemyprofessor.com :D

To bad there were no .coms anywhere on the planet in 1978. Paul Allen had just gotten BASIC to work on an Altair 8800.

I wonder what the UK computer center looks like now, without the keypunch machines, the telex terminals, the card feeder, and the high speed dot matrix printer. Do they still have the IBM 370 and all those PDP-11s? :D

To bad there were no .coms anywhere on the planet in 1978. Paul Allen had just gotten BASIC to work on an Altair 8800.

I wonder what the UK computer center looks like now, without the keypunch machines, the telex terminals, the card feeder, and the high speed dot matrix printer. Do they still have the IBM 370 and all those PDP-11s? :D

The bolded section is where you lost me. All of that flies right over my head. :lol:

I'm not surprised at all. It is possible one can go through college without reading a book, which is unfortunate. I would be extremely surprised if the average adult has read more than ten books in their life.

It depends on what kind of student he is. My first two years of college I never read and got pretty good grades. The last 3 years I got really serious and had close to a 4.0. I could have gone through college without reading an entire book easily, and I'm not shocked Walker could either with or without extra help from basketball friendly teachers.

This could also describe me. I just never really enjoyed reading...

My grandfather was the first in the family to attend college (he didn't graduate but he did attend for a year or two). He went to St. John's College in Annapolis. Since 1937, the curriculum has been based on the "Great Books Program".

There are only a few true "Great Books Programs" still in operation. These schools focus almost exclusively on the Great Books Curriculum throughout enrollment and do not offer classes analogous to those commonly offered at other colleges. The first and best known of these schools is St. John's College in Annapolis and Santa Fe (program established in 1937); it was followed by Shimer College in Chicago, and Thomas Aquinas College in Santa Paula, California. More recent schools with this type of curriculum include Harrison Middleton University in Tempe, Arizona (est. 1998), Wyoming Catholic College in Lander, Wyoming (est. 2005), and Imago Dei College in Oak Glen, California (est. 2010).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Books

I read a lot. Mostly Grisham and Baldacci but I love reading.

I am starting to read more now that I am not in school...and I am a big fan of both of these authors.

Honestly, this doesn't surprise me at all. I never read a book cover to cover for classes in high school or college. I read what I needed too to write the paper and watched the movie if there was a test.