Daylen Hall UK Scholarship Situation

sports fan

I really don't think this is that that big of a deal. He made a stupid drunk decision, and somebody got wet. I don't think this is anything to lose a scholarship over.

Seriously? Getting drunk and making a stupid decision most of us have done. Getting drunk and physically assaulting a person of authority most of us do not do. I am not saying he should be banished for life, but there have to be some serious repercussions.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 4 years my son went to college, he went to "alternative" (service) spring breaks three times (Indian reservation in South Dakota, Gila National Forest in New Mexico, and a soup kitchen in Portland, Oregon) and the other time he was studying abroad in Leeds, England. He never showed an interest in a party spring break trip.

Daughter is finishing her third year in college. Came home the first two years, this year went on a campus outreach/service spring break trip to New Orleans.

I've been fortunate.

Wow this thread cracks me up. I remember when i was in Highschool me and my friends did all kinds of stuff like this give the kid a break he is a kid. Football players are suppose to do stuff like this. No body was hurt the security guard was trying to crash their party and he got tossed in the pool THE END! Let it go!

My son went to PC for spring break his senior year, and I'm not sure what happened, or if I even want to know. But that's the only spring break he ever took.

My daughter went to Barren River on her senior Spring Break with a bunch of friends. The same bunch went to Nashville the next year.

Pretty much, they've both always taken the time to just chill from having to work and go to school.

Wow this thread cracks me up. I remember when i was in Highschool me and my friends did all kinds of stuff like this give the kid a break he is a kid. Football players are suppose to do stuff like this. No body was hurt the security guard was trying to crash their party and he got tossed in the pool THE END! Let it go!

So, kids shouldn't behave? And the security guard is there to ensure the safety and enjoyable stay of ALL the guests of that hotel. If I'd have been a guest I'd have been royally PO'd at the ruckus. As well, just because the security guard didn't get hurt doesn't change anything. He could very well have been hurt, and seriously.

So, kids shouldn't behave? And the security guard is there to ensure the safety and enjoyable stay of ALL the guests of that hotel. If I'd have been a guest I'd have been royally PO'd at the ruckus. As well, just because the security guard didn't get hurt doesn't change anything. He could very well have been hurt, and seriously.

It was spring break party time. If I was having a family trip the last place I would go is PC.

Seriously? Getting drunk and making a stupid decision most of us have done. Getting drunk and physically assaulting a person of authority most of us do not do. I am not saying he should be banished for life, but there have to be some serious repercussions.

I guess if you really count a rent-a-cop as an authority figure.

This comment just reflects the attitude of most kids in our society today - they do not have respect for any kind of authority. uk#1 fan if you are a parent I pray that your children do not attend the school I teach in as obviously you think this behavior is acceptable. I know it was spring break but this behavior should not be condoned and the fact that ok he was drunk doesn't give him a free ride to be so disrespectful. He is just lucky the officer didn't hit his head or worse.