Daylen Hall UK Scholarship Situation

sports fan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow this thread cracks me up. I remember when i was in Highschool me and my friends did all kinds of stuff like this give the kid a break he is a kid. Football players are suppose to do stuff like this. No body was hurt the security guard was trying to crash their party and he got tossed in the pool THE END! Let it go!

It was spring break party time. If I was having a family trip the last place I would go is PC.

Also what would you expect look at all the NFL players getting in trouble all the time.

You only live once live it up!

After 2926 post, should we expect anything different from you!

You only live once live it up!

UK#1fan you have reached a new low.

This type of attitude and total disregard for any rules is one of the fundamental weaknesses of today's society. It appears no one was seriously hurt during this outrageous situation which is a miracle.

"Clyde" makes a great point that if Matt James' family saw this video, it would make them very sad.

Also what would you expect look at all the NFL players getting in trouble all the time.

They do that because all their lives people like you have been nodding silently and giving them free passes, saying "that's what football players are supposed to do." They're not. They're supposed to act like dignified human beings, not wild animals who can act out without repercussions.

I definitely don't condone his behavior and my heart says not to take his scholarship away but my head says he won't learn a thing if the scholarship isn't taken away and that he'll eventually repeat this behavior it what could be an even worse situation than this. Truly unfortunate when young kids allow one stupid and regrettable moment to possibly ruin their future. As a parent of 17 year old who just returned from his spring break trip(somewhat supervised) I feel bad for his parents and I am grateful I didn't have to make that trip to Florida to pick my son up from jail.

I definitely don't condone his behavior and my heart says not to take his scholarship away but my head says he won't learn a thing if the scholarship isn't taken away and that he'll eventually repeat this behavior it what could be an even worse situation than this.
That is sort of where I am. We all screw up, it is part of life. But the 2nd chance is something we always embrace. Maybe revoke the scholarship with a contingency scholarship at a later time if he is willing to do X amount of hours of community service and be a walk-on for a year while paying his own way? That image would be a tough one to ever allow on my team.

First off my son would not be on spring break like that I know how to raise my kid. Second about everyone is bashing this kid which is not right most of us was not there I will just leave it at that. But a lot of people yelled at me for talking about a player now they are all talking about this kid that is what you call a hypocrite!

My comment has nothing to do with Daylen. I've been working in hotels for over 20 years. This video completely makes me grateful for the jobs I've had. I cannot imagine what a nightmare being a Spring Break hotel must be, and frankly I don't want anyone to fill me in. There is no position in a Spring Break hotel that can be anything less that sheer hell during Spring Break. My hotelier hat goes off to them all...from housekeepers, to front desk agents, to maintenance staff, to security guards....from top to bottom, management to part timer. God love you!

Spring break hotels encourage this and bring it on themselves. This story broke on the local news channels in Louisville. They interviewed the hotel personnel and they defended the actions of the kids. Even said they were not pressing charges on the boy who tackled the secruity guard, said that it was some sort of skit. When asked if they should be responsible and not allow the drinking, they said they dont control what their patrons can and cant do. They completely blew this off. My wife works with a friend who allowed her 16 yr old daughter to go to this same hotel (and was present during this incident) unsurpevised with other teens from a Louisville school and she put the hotel room in her name. How stupid! Alcohol and un-supervised kids equals trouble.

This has been UK football players actions for the past 20 years...all the way back to Fran Curcci and beyond.....just accept the kid's behavior and let's move on...happens everywhere on NCAA teams!!

Maybe so. It was overlooked early with Curci because he won, but then it was the catalyst for his leaving UK after he stopped winning. The question might be whether Joker makes a decision regarding Hall based upon wins and losses or based upon doing what is right? And I'm not sure what the exact right thing is, but I do believe he has to do something.

Wow this thread cracks me up. I remember when i was in Highschool me and my friends did all kinds of stuff like this give the kid a break he is a kid. Football players are suppose to do stuff like this. No body was hurt the security guard was trying to crash their party and he got tossed in the pool THE END! Let it go!

They are in high school. They have no business behaving like that. You obviously are young as well.

First off my son would not be on spring break like that I know how to raise my kid. Second about everyone is bashing this kid which is not right most of us was not there I will just leave it at that. But a lot of people yelled at me for talking about a player now they are all talking about this kid that is what you call a hypocrite!

So, I guess your son, when you have one, won't be playing football? You said, that's what football players are supposed to do....and with all of your football prowess, I am quite certain you wouldn't allow your son to sway from being the best.

So, I guess your son, when you have one, won't be playing football? You said, that's what football players are supposed to do....and with all of your football prowess, I am quite certain you wouldn't allow your son to sway from being the best.

I have a son and he will play football. If he wants to go to Florida he would go to my cousins house in West Palm Beach not where the party is.

Oh yea and I am sure when my son does play highschool football he will have one thing on his mind crush the rocks! :D