Perry Jones suspension highlights NCAA's 'pathetic course'

gametime

This decision actually makes me more angry than the Kanter one. In no way should Jones have been suspended for this. The family knows the coach since 6th grade, borrows less than $1000 from him, and pays it back before even going to college. NCAA, you really screwed up on this one. Does anyone know when this investigation started anyways? How did the NCAA begin looking into the situation, and was this a quick ruling or one they've been working on for a while?

The NCAA said today that the kid accepted a trip that was in violation of their rules. If true that would take the "he didn't know" argument away.

Unfortunately the NCAA made it clear that the he didn't know the rule only applied to Newton.

The NCAA said today that the kid accepted a trip that was in violation of their rules. If true that would take the "he didn't know" argument away.

I was under the impression that this was a pre-season sporting event, such as an NBA game. Is that accurate?

I was under the impression that this was a pre-season sporting event, such as an NBA game. Is that accurate?

Pre-season NFL actually. Didn't seem linked to Baylor but apparently it's against NCAA rules.

The sticky piece here is in regards to the relationship between the coach and the mom. I seem to remember Rondo being allowed to drive Derek Anderson's SUV with impunity because their relationship pre-dated high school and UK.

Some speculate that the NCAA has been after Baylor for a while due to their lack of comfort with Coach Drew and his AAU ties.