Spring practice quickly approaching.....not soon enough

NKY Bandit

It is easy just name your best players in the last 20 years and we will know if they lived in your city. I know kids want to play at Highlands and BW because they are very very good, just don't act like they are all from your own city.

I think you might be surprised if you did this with other schools as well. A lot of times the top players at schools like Dixie and Simon Kenton are from out of district because of open enrollment and other decisions by parents and their children. Of course, the private schools are pulling kids from all over so they have a lot of "out of district" players. Beechwood and Highlands actually both probably lose more talent than they gain because many quality players that live within their districts go to Cov Cath and New Cath. And finally, the fact is Beechwood and Highlands are great schools. They consistently are ranked in the top 5 in the state in academics. There are many students attending both schools from out of district that don't even play sports. Out of district players often go to these schools because of academics as much as sports and if you don't believe that, you are dead wrong. The out of district argument is weak. There aren't nearly as many out of district players as many think and so what if there are. Students are free to go to whatever school district they want when they choose high school. Just because someone lives in a certain district doesn't give that district some automatic ownership over them.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope! I cannot. In order to know who works the hardest, I would have to know how hard they all work. That is impossible for me. Kudos to someone that has the time to know how hard everyone works so that they can say a certain team works the hardest.

Now that's funny.... dripping with sarcasm...

Good luck to all the teams taking part in spring football and let's hope for no injuries.

I think you might be surprised if you did this with other schools as well. A lot of times the top players at schools like Dixie and Simon Kenton are from out of district because of open enrollment and other decisions by parents and their children. Of course, the private schools are pulling kids from all over so they have a lot of "out of district" players. Beechwood and Highlands actually both probably lose more talent than they gain because many quality players that live within their districts go to Cov Cath and New Cath. And finally, the fact is Beechwood and Highlands are great schools. They consistently are ranked in the top 5 in the state in academics. There are many students attending both schools from out of district that don't even play sports. Out of district players often go to these schools because of academics as much as sports and if you don't believe that, you are dead wrong. The out of district argument is weak. There aren't nearly as many out of district players as many think and so what if there are. Students are free to go to whatever school district they want when they choose high school. Just because someone lives in a certain district doesn't give that district some automatic ownership over them.

SK has always lost kids that chose to go to Holy Cross.

Nope! I cannot. In order to know who works the hardest, I would have to know how hard they all work. That is impossible for me. Kudos to someone that has the time to know how hard everyone works so that they can say a certain team works the hardest.

It's really not rocket science here , it's obvious who works the hardest . It's the team that is holding up the trophy , after they win state , year after year after year .......... ( ya got it ? ) :D

Beechwood will start 4 kids that are out of district and out of county. 3 of them are from the same school district in Boone County and the other from a different Boone County school.

That is just off the top of my head.

Beechwood will start 4 kids that are out of district and out of county. 3 of them are from the same school district in Boone County and the other from a different Boone County school.

That is just off the top of my head.

Off the top of my head, wasn't Boone's lone D1 signee living out of district? go back to sleep Flatrock ;)

It's really not rocket science here , it's obvious who works the hardest . It's the team that is holding up the trophy , after they win state , year after year after year .......... ( ya got it ? ) :D

You are lost! One could work their tail end off trying to fill a bucket using a sieve and never ever accomplish their task. Working the hardest does not always provide the trophy. Got it?

You are lost! One could work their tail end off trying to fill a bucket using a sieve and never ever accomplish their task. Working the hardest does not always provide the trophy. Got it?

Very true but it doesn't hurt.

Love your avatar , it fits you perfectly !!! :lol:

It appeared to be a good exchange and now you take an unnecessary shot. Is that flirting with the provoking rule ;)

You need to "stop" so we can watch and talk about the "Bird" practice yesterday...Geez!