Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Spring practice quickly approaching.....not soon enough

Featured Replies

I just got done looking at those pictures I think Trapp should be a D1 kid with his size. Also read in the paper that Burns was at UK's JR day.

  • Replies 287
  • Views 24.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that Highlands spring practice is in full gear... see the link below for some pictures of Monday's practice.

 

http://www.filmandphotosbyrick.com/g/spring_ball_3-7-11

 

Question: who is #5 and #1 for Highlands in these pictures?

 

My son was on that site earlier and somewhere it showed the team doing pushups where one player does pushups while another is in the pushup position with his hands on the first player's back. Where do they come up with these excercises? :D

It appeared to be a good exchange and now you take an unnecessary shot. Is that flirting with the provoking rule ;)

 

You need to "stop" so we can watch and talk about the "Bird" practice yesterday...Geez!

 

Excuse me , " I'm lost " ? Where is the good exchange ?

 

The Birds looked great at practice and well motivated , like always !

You are lost! One could work their tail end off trying to fill a bucket using a sieve and never ever accomplish their task. Working the hardest does not always provide the trophy. Got it?

 

Crunch Time , here is the first SHOT in case you missed it !! :ohbrother:

 

Time to move on !!

I just got done looking at those pictures I think Trapp should be a D1 kid with his size. Also read in the paper that Burns was at UK's JR day.

 

I believe the Burns kid has already been offered by UC. I would suspect their will be more to come. Great kid and the he has a twin brother Devan Burns who will be an All State DLineman this yr imo.

You are lost! One could work their tail end off trying to fill a bucket using a sieve and never ever accomplish their task. Working the hardest does not always provide the trophy. Got it?

 

That seems like what most of the teams in NKY are doing. If I was a coach in NKY , I would have them filling the buckets with shovels , then it would make more time for other things that also need work , which would lead to an all around better football team .

 

If your lucky enough to have Highlands on your schedule , and your not doing spring practices , well , your behind the eight ball before the first football ticket is sold. Good luck with that !!

 

More food for thought . Do you think there are teams with more talent than Highlands ( assuming HHS has set the bar high ) but are not training hard enough , maybe they have potential stars sitting on the bench , for many reasons like missing spring practices , or coaches not recognizing the talent , players not playing the right position ?

 

I can't speak for all the teams in Nky , , if you can find the time , go watch your team in spring practice , then go watch HHS practice. I have done this before and it's amazing how these HHS coaches don't waste a minute of these practices.

 

Some on here think that I'm lost , but my car knows the way to DCMS and the practice field and it is not equipped with a GPS. Auto pilot ? Yes.

Collinsworth looks much bigger with pads on than he did during hoops not long ago. He has potential to be 6'4 195 by the time the season rolls around. Christian (84) another Jr to be looks in great condition. The amount of targets that I see is very scary. Towles could break some records next season. Sheehan, JC, Christian, McCoy, Mcgurn, Seidl and True out of the backfield. Wow !

Who has been wearing #45 for HHS in practice this week? Is this player a RB?

Who has been wearing #45 for HHS in practice this week? Is this player a RB?

 

Zach Harris, who will be a sophomore next year.

Who has been wearing #45 for HHS in practice this week? Is this player a RB?

 

Harris and #30 Wrobleski were part of a 3 headed rushing attack on the Freshman team that went undefeated, along with Jalen Hayes.

Collinsworth looks much bigger with pads on than he did during hoops not long ago. He has potential to be 6'4 195 by the time the season rolls around. Christian (84) another Jr to be looks in great condition. The amount of targets that I see is very scary. Towles could break some records next season. Sheehan, JC, Christian, McCoy, Mcgurn, Seidl and True out of the backfield. Wow !

 

Agreed there is some serious future talent. My gut tells me though there is going to be a two man show this yr starring #8 and #6. To think Highlands will use 3 to 4 recievers and go to them regularly is not Highlands like but possible. The studs are definately there though and let it be known that anytime one thinks they know whats best for Highlands and predicts the obvious, Dale does the complete opposite. I have learned from experience and have looked like a fool predicting, LOL. Cant figure the guy out. Period. Its fun though..........

Zach Harris, who will be a sophomore next year.

 

I have been told by a very reliable source that Harris was one nod from starting a varsity playoff game against Dixie this past yr as a Frosh. This was due to some injuries plus a certain game plan that was put into place for this game. Kid practice the RB /Blocking position all week and when asked to give two nods for Yes and one nod for no if the kid was ready.

Kid was physically ready which is scary, but was just a little nervous to say the least.

This kid is going to be Justin Frisk like over the next few yrs. Scary strong and good. Ill bet they will get 2, maybe 3 nods this yr. LOL

I just got done looking at those pictures I think Trapp should be a D1 kid with his size. Also read in the paper that Burns was at UK's JR day.

 

I wonder if the Burns kid has any relatives named George....

Harris resembles the way Ball looked physically as a frosh a few yrs ago. i like the Frisk comparison but not many will do what Jared did back in the day. Should be interesting to see what side of the ball he ends up on.

Harris resembles the way Ball looked physically as a frosh a few yrs ago. i like the Frisk comparison but not many will do what Jared did back in the day. Should be interesting to see what side of the ball he ends up on.

 

Or Justin. LOL

 

I am really interested to see what role McCoy plays. If I got a vote he would be my Safety on D. WOW!! Offensively, and no disrespect to Ian McGurn because he is a fantastic blocking TE and was a key player in last yrs title run, but I could see Donovan being very athletic (Roller-Jr yr) type TE.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.