Craig Yeast new Head Coach at Bryan Station

gamer31

Yes, I am from the area and if you are not on his staff or a coach you must be someone that amired him through the eyes of a UK fan I'm sure. Regardless, I wish him luck with a program that has been down for several years.

As someone mention earlier, I do know him and no I will not be on his staff. I'm not a coach. Are you sure you are from the area Readymade. He will do a great job there at Bryan Station. Now here is the information that you seem to so desperately need...He coached high school football in Canada for three years, was an assistant at Lincoln, OC at Marion where he called plays, BTW, they went to state semi finals that year, and last year he was assistant head coach at Washington County. This is all accurate information!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you his agent, dad, or girlfriend. It's funny, because I looked at several of your post you have spent alot of time defending Yeast for some reason or another.

Yes, I am from the area and if you are not on his staff or a coach you must be someone that amired him through the eyes of a UK fan I'm sure. Regardless, I wish him luck with a program that has been down for several years.

He has coached at Marion and Washington Co both. He has been coaching HS football for the last few years so it is not like he has been sitting around doing nothing. The guy knows his stuff so this is not a case where he just got a job because "i'm Craig Yeast" (said in best Rick James voice and no I am not Coach Yeast). Also don't expect him to come in and throw the balll all over God's green creation. I beleive Coach Yeast has wanted certain things and other schools he has interviewed at might not of been willing to give him those things. Some schools do not work veyr hard on helping a coach bring in his guys and the such.

Agreed...holy cow it is just high school football...this is a great hire for a HIGH SCHOOL. I would be concerned if he was hired as UK's head man.

I almost coached at Bryan Station one time but ended up coaching somewhere else instead. The key there is getting kids out of the hallways, creating enthusiasm and structure. Yeast played on the best offense in UK history + was a big part of it. He's coached at the high school level. I don't know him personally but I wish him the best of luck and I hope he converts what could be one of the top programs in KY. For the people killing his experience....Coach Slammons at Lawrence Co was voted Coach of the Year 2 years ago. His prior head coaching experience...Middle School! I wouldn't be to quick to judge Yeast.

Agreed! Kids will come out to play just because of who is. Excitement will be generated because of who is. It is a great hire! He has enough playing and coaching experience to be fine. B.S. has already won half the battle of getting respectability back to their program with this hire.

Anybody know how things have gone at Bryan Station in Coach Yeast's first week on the job? Weights and all, I mean.

Just like teaching, that first week they're really 'yours' is the most important week of all.

HELLO? (...HELLO?......Hello?...........hello?.................hello?). Anybody out there?

• 2 weeks later...
Anybody know how things have gone at Bryan Station in Coach Yeast's first week on the job? Weights and all, I mean.

Just like teaching, that first week they're really 'yours' is the most important week of all.

I know for 2 weeks after he was hired the stadium lights were on with several people on the field. I firgued it was him and some of his staff...

I am in the Station loop, and even though he wasn't the most experience candidate, he was the most exciting one. As one poster stated, getting the kids who walk the halls to come out and put in the work is the biggest hurdle. If his name helps that, then fine. I haven’t met with Coach Yeast yet, but plan to. I do wish him the best…

I know for 2 weeks after he was hired the stadium lights were on with several people on the field. I firgued it was him and some of his staff...

That's good to know. I know lots of people (me included) think Bryan Station is a gold mine in the right hands. Good luck to Coach Yeast and his new staff.