Craig Yeast new Head Coach at Bryan Station

gamer31

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has coached at Marion and Washington Co both. He has been coaching HS football for the last few years so it is not like he has been sitting around doing nothing. The guy knows his stuff so this is not a case where he just got a job because "i'm Craig Yeast" (said in best Rick James voice and no I am not Coach Yeast). Also don't expect him to come in and throw the balll all over God's green creation. I beleive Coach Yeast has wanted certain things and other schools he has interviewed at might not of been willing to give him those things. Some schools do not work veyr hard on helping a coach bring in his guys and the such.

So he coached as an assistant at the high school level for a couple of years? Before that, he coached a little league football team and you expect me to believe this warrants him a chance to coach a 6A football team? I hope at least he's been an DC or an OC then it would make the case stronger for hiring him. Is this the case? You actually believe his name had nothing to do with them hiring him? COME ON MAN

He has coached at Marion and Washington Co both. He has been coaching HS football for the last few years so it is not like he has been sitting around doing nothing. The guy knows his stuff so this is not a case where he just got a job because "i'm Craig Yeast" (said in best Rick James voice and no I am not Coach Yeast). Also don't expect him to come in and throw the balll all over God's green creation. I beleive Coach Yeast has wanted certain things and other schools he has interviewed at might not of been willing to give him those things. Some schools do not work veyr hard on helping a coach bring in his guys and the such.

I beleive Coach Yeast has wanted certain things and other schools he has interviewed at might not of been willing to give him those things. Some schools do not work veyr hard on helping a coach bring in his guys and the such.
And you think he will get these things from a Fayette Co. Public school? Interesting.

So what if his name did get him a job, it isnt likehe doenst know football and it isnt like Bryan Station is Trinity or St. X, the Bengals, or even Highalnds. Bryan Station had an established coach last year too I think.

Your right Kenny Turner was established, but went 0 and 10 his last year at Madison Central and underachieved while at Central. He had good teams and even once ranked number 1 but never could do squat in the playoffs. I'm not on here bashing Coach Yeast, I'm just saying there are several young coaches who have put in several years who never get their shot because because they don't have "name" power. High schools many time think they need names to draw interest in their program, when really the hard working assitants never get the opprotunity they deserve. I heard there were capable assistants on the Bryan Station staff who wanted the job, but weren't the "right fit" because they hadn't proven themselves. From what I have been told from coaches at Washington Co. and Marion Co. Yeast many times thought it was his right to run the ship and tried to on a couple of occasions only to leave on not a good note in both places.

So he coached as an assistant at the high school level for a couple of years? Before that, he coached a little league football team and you expect me to believe this warrants him a chance to coach a 6A football team? I hope at least he's been an DC or an OC then it would make the case stronger for hiring him. Is this the case? You actually believe his name had nothing to do with them hiring him? COME ON MAN

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe he was the OC at Washington County, Marion County and Lincoln County over the last 3 years. All 3 schools offenses improved when he got there. I could be wrong as I am using memory recollection but I think that is the general belief. I have no ties to Bryan Station but it seems that some of you want to see him fail just to say 'I told you so'. Everyone has to start somewhere and Station is giving him that opportunity. Why not wait and see how he does instead of just saying what he can or can't do. We have no idea what he can or can't do at Station but I wish him well and nothing but success in the future.

I'm from that area and I have never heard of him being the OC maybe a position coach. Neverless, we will see what he can do now he is thrown into the fire.

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe he was the OC at Washington County, Marion County and Lincoln County over the last 3 years. All 3 schools offenses improved when he got there. I could be wrong as I am using memory recollection but I think that is the general belief. I have no ties to Bryan Station but it seems that some of you want to see him fail just to say 'I told you so'. Everyone has to start somewhere and Station is giving him that opportunity. Why not wait and see how he does instead of just saying what he can or can't do. We have no idea what he can or can't do at Station but I wish him well and nothing but success in the future.

I'm from that area and I have never heard of him being the OC maybe a position coach. Neverless, we will see what he can do now he is thrown into the fire.

As someone mention earlier, I do know him and no I will not be on his staff. I'm not a coach. Are you sure you are from the area Readymade. He will do a great job there at Bryan Station. Now here is the information that you seem to so desperately need...He coached high school football in Canada for three years, was an assistant at Lincoln, OC at Marion where he called plays, BTW, they went to state semi finals that year, and last year he was assistant head coach at Washington County. This is all accurate information!

I didn't mean to stir the pot, just thought he had been in a lot of stops without staying long. That was what I meant by proven. Wasn't aiming to get anything going, good luck to him. I know every coach there has tried to utilize the speed. Discipline, and not necessarily behavior, always seemed to be an issue...except when Coach Lucas was there. I hope they find stability.

I almost coached at Bryan Station one time but ended up coaching somewhere else instead. The key there is getting kids out of the hallways, creating enthusiasm and structure. Yeast played on the best offense in UK history + was a big part of it. He's coached at the high school level. I don't know him personally but I wish him the best of luck and I hope he converts what could be one of the top programs in KY. For the people killing his experience....Coach Slammons at Lawrence Co was voted Coach of the Year 2 years ago. His prior head coaching experience...Middle School! I wouldn't be to quick to judge Yeast.

OK, He was not the OC at Washington County. The head coach called the offense.