A five-class proposal ...

westsider

LaSalle is 2-2 and playing again this year. They are also in the OPEN division which is for the best schols regardless of size.
Maybe that's what KY needs: an open division for all those teams who represent the philosophy that you beat the best to be the best. The teams who are more interested in limiting competition in the name of participation could compete in a more traditional format.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe that's what KY needs: an open division for all those teams who represent the philosophy that you beat the best to be the best. The teams who are more interested in limiting competition in the name of participation could compete in a more traditional format.

I would love to see this but I question how many teams would "take the plunge".

That could be their motivation; I don't know. But that doesn't change my point. It's not going to change. I understand that since we've gone to 6 classes, almost a 1,000 more young men are participating in football and more schools have started football teams. Those are good things. I think the 6 class system has had a hand in those good things happening.

Good info, LN.

Any thoughts as to why the increase in the number of players?

2) I don't think California is whining this much about De LaSalle being great. And they've won 19 straight state championships!! Imagine the backlash that would occur if it were to happen in KY!

Actually it was their 19th straight North Coast championship. It appears CA does it a little differently than most states.

They are playing in a "bowl" game this week against Servite from SoCal. However, it was an invitation that go them there.

I am sure that the Public School Football Players (maybe not the parents of school administration) would rather play against the X & T and at the least have the opportunity to beat one of them, even if it is just once in a while. I know in 1969 when Butler lost to St X then in 1970 beat Trinity in the state championships, that those players now would never trade playing in those games for anything. The 79 Butler Team also won state. I know, I played in one of those games and it just shows how hard work will pay off if you put in the time that the T & X teams do.

I am sure that the Public School Football Players (maybe not the parents of school administration) would rather play against the X & T and at the least have the opportunity to beat one of them, even if it is just once in a while. I know in 1969 when Butler lost to St X then in 1970 beat Trinity in the state championships, that those players now would never trade playing in those games for anything. The 79 Butler Team also won state. I know, I played in one of those games and it just shows how hard work will pay off if you put in the time that the T & X teams do.
That was 30 and 40 years ago, and none of the Louisville publics (aside from Male's last great team) have beaten them when it matters in nearly a decade ...

That was 30 and 40 years ago, and none of the Louisville publics (aside from Male's last great team) have beaten them when it matters in nearly a decade ...

So? When Trinity beat Male for their first City title they had NEVER beaten Male. In fact, they hadn't even scored on Male in four or five years. Nothing ever stays the same. Some public schools will find a way to beat Trinitry and X, unless they just quit first.

I would guess two at the most.

Actually in California you are put in open division. I believe it can change from year to year based on record and rankings. So if it happened in Ky they would take the top 8-16 teams and put in open division. If that had happened in Ky this year what would have been the top 8 seeded 1-8? Let the speculation begin.:popcorn: