Are the Pats the best team in the NFL?

This team sure reminds me of those Pats teams from Brady's early years. They have a no named defense, a solid running game and not one single star besides Brady on offense (Welker is pretty good). At this point these guys are on a roll.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without question...And I don't think it's even close.

They've beaten the Steelers, beaten the Ravens, beaten the Jets, beaten the Chargers, beaten the Colts, etc.

Next week they put the drunk Cutler and his Bears in their place, and then it's a preview of the Super Bowl IMO with the Pats vs. the Pack.

Brady all but sealed the MVP race tonight...28 TDs 4 INTs on the year...Dude is the best QB in the game.

They've beaten the Steelers, beaten the Ravens, beaten the Jets, beaten the Chargers, beaten the Colts, etc.

Next week they put the drunk Cutler and his Bears in their place, and then it's a preview of the Super Bowl IMO with the Pats vs. the Pack.

Brady all but sealed the MVP race tonight...28 TDs 4 INTs on the year...Dude is the best QB in the game.

Well said. Agree on points.

My roommates and I were discussing this last night, that we want to hate on the Patriots but it is hard too because they just have a bunch of guys that play the game hard. I love that they have a bunch of guys that you never heard of before this season and they just get the job done.

Plus I'd much rather see them win than the Ravens, Jets, Steelers, or Colts.

Right now I would say that the Pats are the best in the NFL with the way they are playing. Imo since they cut the "all about me" attitude of Randy Moss the Pats have really taken off.

At the start of the season I predicted Green Bay and Pittsburgh in the super bowl with Green Bay Winning it all so I won't change now just bc right now the Pats look to be clearly the best.

I am not going to be a prisoner of the moment and declare them the clear cut best team based upon last night's game. Despite the Jets' record, they have been less than impressive the last 5-6 games. The Pats defense looked great last night, but they have been hideous all season. I have seen multiple teams move the ball on them at will. I do believe they are in the discussion with all the other top teams in the league for which you could make an argument for as the best. I would put them #1, but not by a landslide.

I think Brady has definitely reclaimed the throne this season. Especially since Moss was released. If you can't generate a pass rush, you're going to have a very difficult time beating New England. That's the main reason I didn't think the Jets could beat them. They can't get to the QB consistently. Of course, I didn't expect 45-3.

It's hard to argue against New England considering the victim list you noted. At one time or another, the Steelers, Ravens and Jets have been touted as the league's best team and New England has taken them all down. And, barring a collapse, its very likely that the road to Dallas in the AFC will run through Foxborough.

If the defense can pick it up a little, I don't see them losing.

I don't think Sanchez can beat them in New England in January. The Ravens? Possibly. The Steelers? They're certainly good enough to do it, but Brady seems to have their number. He spreads them out, picks them apart and they don't seem to have an answer.

Brady's two most impressive performances this year have come against Pitt and NYJ.

I am not going to be a prisoner of the moment and declare them the clear cut best team based upon last night's game. Despite the Jets' record, they have been less than impressive the last 5-6 games. The Pats defense looked great last night, but they have been hideous all season. I have seen multiple teams move the ball on them at will. I do believe they are in the discussion with all the other top teams in the league for which you could make an argument for as the best. I would put them #1, but not by a landslide.

I agree with that. But, when you start to look ahead, it is hard to pick against them if they clinch home field advantage. There's certainly no QB I'd want more than Brady on the big stage. I'm not a believer in the Jets. I still have doubts about Sanchez and I don't think their defense is as good as last year's. The only really good win they have is in Week Two against New England and that was with Moss. The Patriots are a different team now. In their three losses against Baltimore, Green Bay and New England, they've scored 12 points. That's beyond bad.

The Jets have Revis and can shut down Moss so the Pats trade Moss and get Branch so Revis is useless. They line up 5 very good options to catch the ball and spread you out. There is no way any team has 5 guys that can cover the Pats 5 passing options. The Pats play chess when you figure out how to beat them at checkers. Going into the draft they might already be the best team and they have a ton of draft picks to get younger, faster, and better. Great organization.