Top Seniors in NKY

Cuban Missile

1-29-2010

*Bluegrass Chiefs announce two, 2010 college signings*

"Bluegrass Chiefs Head Coach, Rob Sanders announced today that 2 of his 2010 players have officially committed to play college baseball. Sam Liggett of Highlands High School has committed to play at Transylvania University, and Tony Piper of Bellevue High School has committed to Shawnee State University. Congratulations to both players."

The above post was copied from Bluegrass Baseball Club website. I thought I heard that Piper had decided not to play baseball at Shawnee State.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-29-2010

"Bluegrass Chiefs Head Coach, Rob Sanders announced today that 2 of his 2010 players have officially committed to play college baseball. Sam Liggett of Highlands High School has committed to play at Transylvania University, and Tony Piper of Bellevue High School has committed to Shawnee State University. Congratulations to both players."

The above post was copied from Bluegrass Baseball Club website. I thought I heard that Piper had decided not to play baseball at Shawnee State.

Piper isn't playing baseball this year and Sam Ligget was seen by Transy at a champions fall ball showcase.

1-29-2010

Just to clarify, I posted this to try and show that Bluegrass is helping some players get to college. This was the list as of January 2010. There may be more. I have no beef with Bluegrass or any of the coaches. So please don't include me with the Bluegrass bashing.

Wow, this almost sounds like some disgruntled ex-Bluegrass people on here. At least that's what it sounds like. Is the club the best of the best? NO! But do they try to get the kids in the best situations possible without costing the parent an arm and a leg to play baseball in the summer? YES! Someone commented on here about how the club has went down hill in the last 2 years. What hasn't suffered in the last 2 years in this country. Money plays a big part in this and I'm quite sure if Bluegrass wanted to start charging $2K and up a per kid, per year, they would get to these showcase tourneys that people have discussed on here. Someone mentioned if kids were playing for Flames, Midland etc. they would be in better showcases. What do these teams charge the kids? From what I've heard the "All Mighty" Midland will not even have a team other than the Redskins team this year, supposedly dropping all the other age groups. Hmmmmm! ECONOMY! IMO, if anyone thinks that the kids and parents don't have do anything and they are going to count soley on a High School or Summer Team coach, that is a mistake. I do believe with all the technology out there now days, if your son is good enough to play for a D1 school they will find him. If your son is planning to go to college, then you had better get your business permit, haha! Because you have just started your own business. It is in the parents hands more than any of these coaches. In closing the Bluegrass Baseball Club does what it can, with what it has to work with. This is just my thoughts/opinion and everyone has one.

Well I got on here to read about the seniors to be and the ones that will have an impact in the 9th region...............Instead I walk into a "bash bluegrass fest". Look first I do not know how "the new president" of Bluegrass.....whomever that is...........is destroying the organization. I do know that I have the utmost respect for many of the coaches within the Bluegrass organization and think highly of the Rob Sanders, Mills Rouse and Troy Bertke's of the world and their ability to do things within the world of baseball.

I am not a big fan of people who steal players behind others back and try to steal teams from coaches. I have seen this happen over the past year within the Bluegrass organization and quite frankly if a person is not happy they can leave. Leaving a trail of destruction behind is not necessary. Bluegrass does work hard to keep costs down for parents and so maybe they do not get to all the showcases some parents would like............Then again I know that Coach Sanders will work hard and use his contacts to get kids placed at colleges to play baseball.

Well I got on here to read about the seniors to be and the ones that will have an impact in the 9th region...............Instead I walk into a "bash bluegrass fest". Look first I do not know how "the new president" of Bluegrass.....whomever that is...........is destroying the organization. I do know that I have the utmost respect for many of the coaches within the Bluegrass organization and think highly of the Rob Sanders, Mills Rouse and Troy Bertke's of the world and their ability to do things within the world of baseball.

I am not a big fan of people who steal players behind others back and try to steal teams from coaches. I have seen this happen over the past year within the Bluegrass organization and quite frankly if a person is not happy they can leave. Leaving a trail of destruction behind is not necessary. Bluegrass does work hard to keep costs down for parents and so maybe they do not get to all the showcases some parents would like............Then again I know that Coach Sanders will work hard and use his contacts to get kids placed at colleges to play baseball.

A.K.A the president of the organization, revolving mostly everything around his eldest son and is beginning the "reign' of revolving around his other son.

Cuban Missile,

Everyone has their opinion, some people have the opinion their kid is much better than he really is and should be playing up a level. Others have the opinion they should be able to get way with inappropriate behavior on the field and within the organization. And people with those kind of opinions like to tear others down when things don't go their way or they get booted out of the organization.