Sign in to follow this  
Cuban Missile

Top Seniors in NKY

Factual statement? Come on.

I don't follow the Bluegrass organization, but I know Sanders is a great coach.

What qualities does he posess that makes him a great coach? :confused:

I would not say he a bad coach he won alot more games than i have, I think the whole thing with Bluegrass is not Sander the player or most of them really like him and he brings alot a fun for a long summer. The reason the kids left were they wanted to play in more showcases and travel a little more then Bluegrass did this past summer and yes I do think that the Bluegrass organization is getting a Blackeye but not because of Sander.

Where might this black eye be coming from? I believe the black eye is coming from the new president of the organization. He has rubbed many coaches, parents, and players wrong within the organization.

I agree with your Marley. For as little of a time that I have known Sanders he is a good guy. He knows a lot about the game and is great with the kids. But Bluegrass isn't the same Bluegrass of years past. Kids want to be seen and they want to play at the next level if they play travel ball. And Bluegrass simply hasn't been doing that recently. There schdeule for the past couple of years has been weak from what I have heard. They play all there. Tournaments locally with n exception to a year end tournament in Pittsburgh. And that tournament apparently has no scouts and no competition. It is simply for the love of the game. While most kids on travel teams are playing in East Cobb or a big world series at the end of the year, Bluegrass is playing in a tournament which kids can't be noticed. I am not knocking Coach Sanders one bit because as Marley said he has more wins than I have or will ever have. I think kids have began to depart from the organization because they want to be able to get the looks. Teams like Midland, Cincy Flames, Storm Club and Kentucky Colonels and other teams like that are getting kids names out there and getting them signed. Bluegrass is not doing that like they used to. But like I said I am 36 and have 0 wins under my belt so he is head and shoulders better of a coach than I am and is a great guy. Not trying to tell him how to schdeule because frankly if that is what the kids want then let it be but from what I have heard recently it is not.

Where might this black eye be coming from? I believe the black eye is coming from the new president of the organization. He has rubbed many coaches, parents, and players wrong within the organization.

I agree and about sixteens other families, that I know.

I agree with your Marley. For as little of a time that I have known Sanders he is a good guy. He knows a lot about the game and is great with the kids. But Bluegrass isn't the same Bluegrass of years past. Kids want to be seen and they want to play at the next level if they play travel ball. And Bluegrass simply hasn't been doing that recently. There schdeule for the past couple of years has been weak from what I have heard. They play all there. Tournaments locally with n exception to a year end tournament in Pittsburgh. And that tournament apparently has no scouts and no competition. It is simply for the love of the game. While most kids on travel teams are playing in East Cobb or a big world series at the end of the year, Bluegrass is playing in a tournament which kids can't be noticed. I am not knocking Coach Sanders one bit because as Marley said he has more wins than I have or will ever have. I think kids have began to depart from the organization because they want to be able to get the looks. Teams like Midland, Cincy Flames, Storm Club and Kentucky Colonels and other teams like that are getting kids names out there and getting them signed. Bluegrass is not doing that like they used to. But like I said I am 36 and have 0 wins under my belt so he is head and shoulders better of a coach than I am and is a great guy. Not trying to tell him how to schdeule because frankly if that is what the kids want then let it be but from what I have heard recently it is not.

I agree 100%.

I would not say he a bad coach he won alot more games than i have, I think the whole thing with Bluegrass is not Sander the player or most of them really like him and he brings alot a fun for a long summer. The reason the kids left were they wanted to play in more showcases and travel a little more then Bluegrass did this past summer and yes I do think that the Bluegrass organization is getting a Blackeye but not because of Sander.

Coach Sanders probably does not go to some of the big tourneys at places like Michigan, Purdue and Vandy because he does not have any players that those schools would look at. I know for a fact he had scouts/ coaches at games last year and players and parents never had an idea. If Bluegrass is getting a black eye it is because Some people are saying things that are not true to make themselves look better.

Coach Sanders has done a great job over the years getting kids the opportunities where they can play and get an education. This is an absolute joke for some one to say. When a player does not get contacted by a college of there choice because of grades, ability or laziness it is not a coaches fault. Just for the record, my son is being given the chance to play college ball. He is given this chance because he has good grades, works hard and Coach Sanders has talked with college coaches about him.

Thanks Coach Sanders for all you do!

Coach Sanders probably does not go to some of the big tourneys at places like Michigan, Purdue and Vandy because he does not have any players that those schools would look at. I know for a fact he had scouts/ coaches at games last year and players and parents never had an idea. If Bluegrass is getting a black eye it is because Some people are saying things that are not true to make themselves look better.

Coach Sanders has done a great job over the years getting kids the opportunities where they can play and get an education. This is an absolute joke for some one to say. When a player does not get contacted by a college of there choice because of grades, ability or laziness it is not a coaches fault. Just for the record, my son is being given the chance to play college ball. He is given this chance because he has good grades, works hard and Coach Sanders has talked with college coaches about him.

Like i said, it's not Coach Sanders necessarily. It is more of the way the president is taking the organization, basing it mainly around a certain person. If any of you are close to the organization by any means you know who I am talking about.

Well since you do not know sf, I will tell you. The Chiefs played all of the teams you listed last year. Just because they did not go to a tourney where there will be D-1 coaches means nothing. They can not control what teams come to certain tourneys. Travel was cut down last year because of the economy and families finances. It is funny how my son did not even play summer ball this past year and already has the chance to play college ball. Kind of puts a hole in some of your thoughts of what people have done.

There is not a kid on this years team nor last year that will play at Michigan, LSU, Vandy or anywhere like it. There are kids who will play at Ohio Valley, Bluefield, Shawnee St., Asbury and other small schools and they will get an opportunity to do so because of Coach Sanders and Coach Rouse. If they do not it is the players fault.

Well since you do not know sf, I will tell you. The Chiefs played all of the teams you listed last year. Just because they did not go to a tourney where there will be D-1 coaches means nothing. They can not control what teams come to certain tourneys. Travel was cut down last year because of the economy and families finances. It is funny how my son did not even play summer ball this past year and already has the chance to play college ball. Kind of puts a hole in some of your thoughts of what people have done.

There is not a kid on this years team nor last year that will play at Michigan, LSU, Vandy or anywhere like it. There are kids who will play at Ohio Valley, Bluefield, Shawnee St., Asbury and other small schools and they will get an opportunity to do so because of Coach Sanders and Coach Rouse. If they do not it is the players fault.

Coachg I now know who you are. Your son is a great, I mean great baseball player. He definately deserves to play college ball. But ill give an example, Ronald Cotton is on a D1 roster right now. For what reason? Because UC was the Chiefs homefield last year. His 2nd best offer was Transylvania, so your telling me a MLB draft pick and a kid who now plays on a D1 team just for the fact that UC was their home field, his 2nd best offer was a D3 school. Now I've only seen Ronald play a handful of times but he is a D1 athlete for sure and if he played for a team such as Kentucky Colonels or Midland he would have multiple D1 offers. Also Sam Ligget is purely and simply the best catcher I've seen in years and the best the Chiefs could get him was a D3 scholarship. He is a high D2 or D1 catcher in many peoples opinions. But he was on the wrong team. He plays for another summer ball team last year he is getting scholarship money for baseball.

Why would any parent need to make themselves look better when they have nothing to do with any baseball organinzation maybe its because your bluegrass is going down hill. For the record the schools that my son is deciding on are intrested in him because of showcases nothing that a coach has done for him. Not all of us are lucky enough like you and another family in bluegrass who the coach will go out of his way for. I also know several ex bluegrass players who are now getting looked at by D1 schools instead of Brescia and it was no thanks to bluegrass. :thumb:

Why would any parent need to make themselves look better when they have nothing to do with any baseball organinzation maybe its because your bluegrass is going down hill. For the record the schools that my son is deciding on are intrested in him because of showcases nothing that a coach has done for him. Not all of us are lucky enough like you and another family in bluegrass who the coach will go out of his way for. I also know several ex bluegrass players who are now getting looked at by D1 schools instead of Brescia and it was no thanks to bluegrass. :thumb:

Wow! I could not have said it better myself. Thanks for that M.

Your correct 100% Marley.

This thread strayed way off topic, but i liked every bit of it.

Edited by Cuban Missile