Avg points scored...X 37.5 per game ....JH 37.7 per game

Avg Points allowed....X 12.58 per game......JH 14.3 per game

Rush yds per game.....X 251.7 per game.......JH 282.8 per game

Rush yds allowed .....X 98.5 per game........JH 102 per game

Pass yds per game....X 92.1 per game......JH 97.1 per game

Pass yds allowed X 125 per game.........JH 83 per game

Total Offense...........X 343.9 per game.....JH 380 per game

Total Defense...........X 223.6 per game....JH 185.3 per game

All the above stats except the points scored and allowed do not include both these team's last playoff game. JH's defense stats will go down after the Male shootout.

These 2 teams play alike...they both love to run and play good solid D. X has the advantage of playing most of the top ranked teams in the state. They have had a very tough schedule, remained undefeated, and boast the top ranked run defense and scoring defense. JH has a very solid defense as well...but they did let Male run free. They did win the game though.

It will come down to the line...like most games...How big are the JH lineman? Can they match up against the man mountains on X's O-line?

Your final question is the key. I think this matchup will depend on how strong and capable NH's lines are, and/or whether they are able to "get up" two weeks in a row to face another talented foe. I think any team who can beat X will not only have to have the skill guys, but will also have to play an exceptional game along both lines to slow the Tigers rushing attack down and move the ball on the ground against St. X.

St. X's pass defense is simply too good for them to be passed on very well, and their rushing attack, which has been consistently strong of late when both backs are healthy, is almost impossible to stop unless the defense is very talented in the front seven and plays a great "out of their minds" game.

The motivated Tigers that came out against Trinity and Manual will be a load for anyone.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your final question is the key. I think this matchup will depend on how strong and capable NH's lines are, and/or whether they are able to "get up" two weeks in a row to face another talented foe. I think any team who can beat X will not only have to have the skill guys, but will also have to play an exceptional game along both lines to slow the Tigers rushing attack down and move the ball on the ground against St. X.

St. X's pass defense is simply too good for them to be passed on very well, and their rushing attack, which has been consistently strong of late when both backs are healthy, is almost impossible to stop unless the defense is very talented in the front seven and plays a great "out of their minds" game.

The motivated Tigers that came out against Trinity and Manual will be a load for anyone.

The teams that came out in those two games can't be beat in the state of Kentucky.

I 've picked up a little about John Hardin in the past couple days from BGP, but really don't know much about them. Help a fellow BGPer out here folks:

1. What type of offense do they run?

2. What type of defense do they run?

3. I know they are in Hardin County but specifically where? North; South; East; West; in the middle of town; where?

4. What kind of facility do they have? Does it compare to North Hardin?

5. Specific driving directions from Louisville?

Finally let's hear some predictions.

:thumb: GO TIGERS! :thumb:

I 've picked up a little about John Hardin in the past couple days from BGP, but really don't know much about them. Help a fellow BGPer out here folks:

1. What type of offense do they run?

2. What type of defense do they run?

3. I know they are in Hardin County but specifically where? North; South; East; West; in the middle of town; where?

4. What kind of facility do they have? Does it compare to North Hardin?

5. Specific driving directions from Louisville?

Finally let's hear some predictions.

:thumb: GO TIGERS! :thumb:

While at Fc we played them and they ran the wing T and a 50 defense. When KJ was a Soph and Mario wass a senior we put 41 on them. That was 2 year ago so that should not matter. I think X will control teh Wing T and Score at will. I predict 35-14. Victor cannot be stopped. I have never seen explosions like he has through the LOS.

After checking some stats (in another thread) These 2 teams are a lot alike:

Avg points scored...X 37.5 per game ....JH 37.7 per game

Avg Points allowed....X 12.58 per game......JH 14.3 per game

Rush yds per game.....X 251.7 per game.......JH 282.8 per game

Rush yds allowed .....X 98.5 per game........JH 102 per game

Pass yds per game....X 92.1 per game......JH 97.1 per game

Pass yds allowed X 125 per game.........JH 83 per game

Total Offense...........X 343.9 per game.....JH 380 per game

Total Defense...........X 223.6 per game....JH 185.3 per game

All the above stats except the points scored and allowed do not include both these team's last playoff game. JH's defense stats will go down after the Male shootout.

After reviewing all of these stats, plus given the fact that John Hardin has the home field advantage, it looks like my poor Tigers are in for a L-O-O-O-N-G night. It seems as if the only chance we have is if the Average Points Allowed stat is the only correct comparison. That way we have a chance to eek out a 2-point victory. :cry: :scared: :cry:

Hey BareRock, I'd love to trade this away "cake walk" against John Hardin for a home game against Boone County. ;)

If JH has 2 players over 6 feet I'd be surprised. I'm talking about everyone. Their OL & DL are small. Their QB is quick and plays safety the whole game. RBs are OK but got tired after rushing for a mile by haft-time. Play your Linebackers off the ball and watch the QB with his fakes and you will be fine. Stay in their gaps. They also throw to their backs alot and most routes are short. Hope this gives some insight.

If JH has 2 players over 6 feet I'd be surprised. I'm talking about everyone. Their OL & DL are small. Their QB is quick and plays safety the whole game. RBs are OK but got tired after rushing for a mile by haft-time. Play your Linebackers off the ball and watch the QB with his fakes and you will be fine. Stay in their gaps. They also throw to their backs alot and most routes are short. Hope this gives some insight.

Thanks...that is a great input, AL!! :thumb:

John Hardin reminds me a lot of the 1991 Clark County team the way they run their wing-t. The ball fakes are mind-boggling. We have one Vic Anderson, but they seem to have three of him. :eek:

Thanks...that is a great input, AL!! :thumb:

John Hardin reminds me a lot of the 1991 Clark County team the way they run their wing-t. The ball fakes are mind-boggling. We have one Vic Anderson, but they seem to have three of him. :eek:

Did you let Glaser type this post for you, Ox? :lol:

Wouldnt you be tired if you ran on a football team like they ran on male in the first half friday?