AAAA Region 2 Final : X @ John Hardin

Mr. No Name

Both teams can run, pass, and play D. Special teams may determine the outcome of this game. And with the game being played in E-town that favors JH. However, as often as I've seen the Tigers play this year I don't think the Bulldogs can play with them for four quarters. Tigers pull away in the 4th quarter to win by at least 10.

:thumb:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen St. X. this year and they have too much speed for anybody to play with them that's left.

St.X. 35

John Hardin 14

P.S. I hope you all win John Hardin.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Male is faster than X IMO.

JH looked like the faster team last Friday, so I believe that JH will be the faster team in the region final

JH is no longer under the radar as seemed to be the case leading into the playoffs Not a lot of respect for a #1 team in a tough district. After the PRP victory some stood up and noticed but still did not expect the outcome against Male. Now they get the opportunity to step up and take on the #1 ranked team in the state, defending 4A state champs on a 25 game winning streak. Coach Brown does not let this faze the Bulldogs, he has been there before. Expect the Bulldogs to be business as usual, level headed and unintimidated. Should be an outstanding game to watch. I shall be there to get a first hand look.

JH is no longer under the radar as seemed to be the case leading into the playoffs Not a lot of respect for a #1 team in a tough district. After the PRP victory some stood up and noticed but still did not expect the outcome against Male. Now they get the opportunity to step up and take on the #1 ranked team in the state, defending 4A state champs on a 25 game winning streak. Coach Brown does not let this faze the Bulldogs, he has been there before. Expect the Bulldogs to be business as usual, level headed and unintimidated. Should be an outstanding game to watch. I shall be there to get a first hand look.

Coach Brown will no doubt have his team ready

:rolleyes:

Are you saying no contest because they beat your team out or because you think X is that much better.

It mighty just be matchups. For example, I think Manual would have had a better shot at beating JH than Male, and that Male would have had a better shot at beating X than Manual.

I've seen both teams, like the previous poster said "bad match up" for the Dogs. X plays a different defense than Male and X can score like Male does. JH's defense was'nt that good. If they play like they did against Male they are in trouble, and now add a defense that will control the big play. Thats how I see "no contest". Now I've been wrong... once I think. Love to see a close game.

After checking some stats (in another thread) These 2 teams are a lot alike:

Avg points scored...X 37.5 per game ....JH 37.7 per game

Avg Points allowed....X 12.58 per game......JH 14.3 per game

Rush yds per game.....X 251.7 per game.......JH 282.8 per game

Rush yds allowed .....X 98.5 per game........JH 102 per game

Pass yds per game....X 92.1 per game......JH 97.1 per game

Pass yds allowed X 125 per game.........JH 83 per game

Total Offense...........X 343.9 per game.....JH 380 per game

Total Defense...........X 223.6 per game....JH 185.3 per game

All the above stats except the points scored and allowed do not include both these team's last playoff game. JH's defense stats will go down after the Male shootout.

These 2 teams play alike...they both love to run and play good solid D. X has the advantage of playing most of the top ranked teams in the state. They have had a very tough schedule, remained undefeated, and boast the top ranked run defense and scoring defense. JH has a very solid defense as well...but they did let Male run free. They did win the game though.

It will come down to the line...like most games...How big are the JH lineman? Can they match up against the man mountains on X's O-line?