AAAA Region 2 Final : X @ John Hardin

Mr. No Name

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Beaumont has a lot of 'Big Play' potential, but that Victor Anderson is better over 4 quarters of ball.

I don't know how you can come to that conclusion.

If Beaumont has given you any reason to doubt his ability to play 100% all four quarters it is because he never steps off the field.

I don't know how you can come to that conclusion.

If Beaumont has given you any reason to doubt his ability to play 100% all four quarters it is because he never steps off the field.

Just my personal opinion. I've seen Anderson play four times this season (Highlands, Trinity, Male and Manual), and I've seen Beaumont four times (Shawnee, PRP, X and Manual) and I think that Victor Anderson is the better, more complete offensive player.

I agree. Last year, I thought Beaumont was the better player, and he still is likely more impressive all-around since he is able to go both ways and play basically every snap on offense.

But I think Anderson is now the better offensive player. His balance allows him to break more tackles than Doug does, and I think he is just a slight step quicker and faster in the open field.

Just my personal opinion. I've seen Anderson play four times this season (Highlands, Trinity, Male and Manual), and I've seen Beaumont four times (Shawnee, PRP, X and Manual) and I think that Victor Anderson is the better, more complete offensive player.

The weather could play a big role in tomorrow's game. With temps approaching freezing the ball gets slick and becomes harder to hold on too. This will be more of a factor for JH's slight of hand wing-T offense, (which they run very well), than St. X's straight ahead style of football. If St. X can hang on to the ball I think they can control the clock and get a few break-away TDs for the win.

I believe you have that backwards. If you're saying the temperature will effect the ball control and make the ball harder to hold on to, then running the wing-t with all the "slight of hand" and cris-crossing would be a disadvantage vs straight ahead running. I believe X has the edge in this area.

I believe you have that backwards. If you're saying the temperature will effect the ball control and make the ball harder to hold on to, then running the wing-t with all the "slight of hand" and cris-crossing would be a disadvantage vs straight ahead running. I believe X has the edge in this area.

I believe YOU have it backwards... reread the post.

If the game goes deep into the 4th, you give the edge to JH for playing with them that long. The longer JH plays with X, the more confidence they will gain!

:laugh: Now there's a Longshot. But than let me think this thru for a minute......... :rolleyes:

Confidence? Depth?

Confidence? Fresh Legs?

Confidence? Experience?

Okay, I see where you could make that arguement.

GO TIGERS!

I believe YOU have it backwards... reread the post.

O2 You're Right, Old Corp is right on the mark. Xfball78 some how miss read the post and is making the same point. Both of which are the good points. Even though they're the same point. Does that make sense......Oh Never mind!

GO TIGERS!

I just drove by J H's facility, impressive looking school and stadium. However it is way to small for a playoff gave with a team like X that brings many fans.

Be ready to stand all night in the cold!!

Go Tigers!!

That is a shame, they should be forced to move it to another Hardin County school with more room. The regional finals in a stadium that could not hold the Toy Bowl.

That is a shame, they should be forced to move it to another Hardin County school with more room. The regional finals in a stadium that could not hold the Toy Bowl.

I must be missing something. All last week posters were upset that St. X had home field rights and should play the game at thier home field (Manual Stadium) and have all the advantages (amenities) of the home team. Now TigerKat is suggesting that JH play this game at another Hardin County facility due to the stadium not being able to hold a Toy Bowl. I have been in the JH stadium and it is very nice, but maybe they should have been thinking "Regional Final vs. St. X" when they built the stadium. Maybe they should have thought about the "Visiting St.X Faithful" when they chose to not install a visitors side. All this will be remedied when Tiger Stadium is complete. At least every other year when the regional finals pass through the Poplar Level Road facility. :banana: :laugh: :fire:

I must be missing something. All last week posters were upset that St. X had home field rights and should play the game at thier home field (Manual Stadium) and have all the advantages (amenities) of the home team. Now TigerKat is suggesting that JH play this game at another Hardin County facility due to the stadium not being able to hold a Toy Bowl. I have been in the JH stadium and it is very nice, but maybe they should have been thinking "Regional Final vs. St. X" when they built the stadium. Maybe they should have thought about the "Visiting St.X Faithful" when they chose to not install a visitors side. All this will be remedied when Tiger Stadium is complete. At least every other year when the regional finals pass through the Poplar Level Road facility. :banana: :laugh: :fire:

I have been there 3 other times and the stadium seats less than the other 2 Hardin county schools. With such a good coach and getting the good players that all used to go to North they should have planned for as regional final. Why sell yourselves so short?

J H's stadium is very nice for season games, however fans deserve a seat.

I will be there early..

A double header with X-JH and T Boone would have made a great night @ PJ's