Ryle 54 Madison Central 13

swamprat

Would love to hear about the game.

Same here, who can give us some insight?

But I agree with those comments as far as the playoffs are concern, we are letting too many teams in, most first round games are blowouts, it's not good football and I wouldn't attend the majority of first round games. A team that wins just one game should not be in post season play.

Edited by SportsGuy41017

13 posts in this thread and all I read is how bad MC is, how great Ryle's JV and Freshman are and some trash talk about next week. Can anyone recap the game? Hempel's numbers? Elliot's numbers? Big plays? How long did the Ryle starters play? Would love to hear about the game.

This is on NKY.com.

Junior running back Travis Elliott racked up 130 yards and three touchdowns on seven first-half carries - the longest a 63-yard touchdown with less than a minute left in the second quarter to give Ryle a 40-0 lead at the break.

Elliott didn’t play in the second half and most of Ryle’s starters were on the sidelines for good early in the third quarter. But not before stuffing their stat lines.

Senior defensive back Luke Boggs picked off a pass and returned a first-half punt for a 54-yard touchdown. Senior Deion Mullens bolted for a 53-yard score out of the backfield and recorded a sack on defense. Ryan Smith and Kohry Thibodeau both caught their first touchdown passes of the season.

Smith, used largely as a defensive back, entered the game with one catch all year. Yet quarterback Conner Hempel targeted him three times on Ryle’s opening drive, including a 17-yard touchdown pass for the first of the Raiders’ many scores.

By the midway point of the fourth quarter the Raider freshman were on the field, contributing to Ryle’s gaudy scoring total with a 32-yard touchdown run by Thomas Baumann.

I highly doubt the Raiders care what some loud mouth in Independence thinks, maybe if it was a player or coach, but not some nobody with zero influence on either team.

Congrats to Ryle on the win. Next weeks game could be a good but it sounds like Ryle's confidence is growing and they may be peeking at exactly the right time.

Kids are motivated by "some loud mouth in Independence". Let's face it. Players read this stuff. So, here's hoping to hear more badmouthing of the Raiders this week. SK better be very focused on HC or there will be no rematch. Ryle is very focused on Campbell Co. as of last night about 9:30. Ryle was very sharp last night as expected and totally dismantled the visitors from Richmond.

Kids are motivated by "some loud mouth in Independence". Let's face it. Players read this stuff. So, here's hoping to hear more badmouthing of the Raiders this week. SK better be very focused on HC or there will be no rematch. Ryle is very focused on Campbell Co. as of last night about 9:30. Ryle was very sharp last night as expected and totally dismantled the visitors from Richmond.

If they need bulletin board material to be motivated during the playoffs then there are serious problems in Union. I don't think they would do any thing other than laugh at what that infamous poster has to say, I got tired of it and have since blocked him.