NFL's Devistating hits?? Whats your take?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, he whined to a degree about being held and the league basically made the OT's with the arm under the facemask not a penalty. He thinks he was the only short pass rusher affected. Dumervil did okay with the same parameters.

I will say this, if there is a guy in the league I wouldn't want to play mad it's Harrison. Freaky strong.

Silverback always has a chip on his shoulder.

You can get off that soapbox, NFL'ers know what they're signing up for.

So they have no reason to expect to be protected? Actually I think some of them until recently had no idea what they were signing up for as far as brain damage. I would imagine all the families of the guys who commited suicide would hope these guys are protected more.

So they have no reason to expect to be protected? Actually I think some of them until recently had no idea what they were signing up for as far as brain damage. I would imagine all the families of the guys who commited suicide would hope these guys are protected more.

Because there are soooooo many of them. Again, the rules in place have done their job but there's no way that you can reasonably expect not to take a blow to the head at some point in an NFL career. If you think that, you probably need a blow to the head.

Because there are soooooo many of them. Again, the rules in place have done their job but there's no way that you can reasonably expect not to take a blow to the head at some point in an NFL career. If you think that, you probably need a blow to the head.

How many is too many? I say one. The sport is for entertaimnent. I'm not entertained watching guys head hunt like I was 10 years ago before I read about these issues.

The rules evolve and that's what's happening now. I'm all for it. I'd rather a few people be disapointed in the rules than watch one person die on the field. I think they need to get rid of the rule for no contact on receviers after 5 yards. It could make the offense more boring and have the Colts crying about receviers getting held, but it would make the game safer. I'm not totally against getting rid of kick off returns and punt returns either.

^ No way, SSC. What happens when a CB nudges a guy running down the sideline and he steps out of bounds? He can no longer catch a pass. Streak routes would be extinct. As far as the punt and kick returns? That's half of the fun of football. What happens when a team is down 4 with 5 seconds to go. Force them to throw a hail mary at the 20?

^ No way, SSC. What happens when a CB nudges a guy running down the sideline and he steps out of bounds? He can no longer catch a pass. Streak routes would be extinct. As far as the punt and kick returns? That's half of the fun of football. What happens when a team is down 4 with 5 seconds to go. Force them to throw a hail mary at the 20?

Its a bit extreme, but I wouldn't be totally against it.

How many is too many? I say one. The sport is for entertaimnent. I'm not entertained watching guys head hunt like I was 10 years ago before I read about these issues.

The rules evolve and that's what's happening now. I'm all for it. I'd rather a few people be disapointed in the rules than watch one person die on the field. I think they need to get rid of the rule for no contact on receviers after 5 yards. It could make the offense more boring and have the Colts crying about receviers getting held, but it would make the game safer. I'm not totally against getting rid of kick off returns and punt returns either.

I would hate this.

Well, let's put the nascar drivers in bumper cars, the hockey players on foot with hockey sticks and nerf balls, and by all means, the UFC has got to go, lest we have a suicide.

Wait, let's put governors on all automobiles so we can all drive 30 mph in those gawd awful rollerskate cars that get 65mpg. But there can't be any pedestrians, because you may still get plunked by one of those fuel efficient roller skates and end up with a head injury, contemplate suicide, and Toyota would be sued.

Oh, the paranoia. By the way, where's my friggin' oxygen tent?