Track the Reds (2nd Half, Week 12)

LRCW

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't like the chances of going out to the West coast to play a smoking hot SD team if that were to happen.

I can't believe there are Reds fans that would rather play the Phillies who are by far the most talented team in the NL than SD or SF who are not that much better than the Reds and have zero playoff experience. It's crazy to me to rather play the team best set up for the playoffs including all the AL teams. Sure the Reds can beat them, but lets not be silly.

I can't believe there are Reds fans that would rather play the Phillies who are by far the most talented team in the NL than SD or SF who are not that much better than the Reds and have zero playoff experience. It's crazy to me to rather play the team best set up for the playoffs including all the AL teams. Sure the Reds can beat them, but lets not be silly.

I can't believe you'd rather go to the west coast where the Reds have had zero success the past 5 or 6 years.

I can't believe you'd rather go to the west coast where the Reds have had zero success the past 5 or 6 years.

The Reds are 0-4 in Philly this year. 1-2 in SD and SF. Which is better? Last year the Reds went 1-3 in Philly including a 22-1 loss that Cueto started. In 08 the Reds went 1-3 in Philly. In 07 the Reds went 1-2 in Philly. Warm up the Jumbo jet. The Reds own Philly on the road lately. Wait...What??? If my research and math are correct the Reds have won 3 out of their last 15 games in Philly. The west coast doesn't seem so scary in SD or SF.

Would you rather play the Phillies in a 5 game series or a 7 game series?

7 no question they would need to use a 4th pitcher or go with the big 3 on short rest. The way the 5 gamer sets up they come back on regular rest. Also, what's to say Philly couldn't get beat by SF?

7 no question they would need to use a 4th pitcher or go with the big 3 on short rest. The way the 5 gamer sets up they come back on regular rest. Also, what's to say Philly couldn't get beat by SF?

It's going to be a lot easier to beat them 3 out of 5 rather than 4 out of 7. The longer the series, the more likely the better team wins.

The Reds are 0-4 in Philly this year. 1-2 in SD and SF. Which is better? Last year the Reds went 1-3 in Philly including a 22-1 loss that Cueto started. In 08 the Reds went 1-3 in Philly. In 07 the Reds went 1-2 in Philly. Warm up the Jumbo jet. The Reds own Philly on the road lately. Wait...What??? If my research and math are correct the Reds have won 3 out of their last 15 games in Philly. The west coast doesn't seem so scary in SD or SF.

They lost those 4 games by a total of 5 runs. They easily could have won 3 of 4 there. Not so much for the SF series.

If they end up playing SD, they'd be on at least a 4 game winning streak. Not exactly what I'd want to face in the first round having to travel 2,500 miles.

Edited by dmderringer10

It's going to be a lot easier to beat them 3 out of 5 rather than 4 out of 7. The longer the series, the more likely the better team wins.

:thumb: Not even close.

So it's going to be easier to win against the Big 3 on full days rest for 5 games rather than seeing the 4th starter? Gotcha. The Phillies were missing guys in that 4 game series and they didn't have Oswalt who has been lights out since going to Philly.

By the way some of the Reds who desperately needed rest only got one day. Was it overrated or overstated by the bgp faithful?

I'm not sure what to think of people that would rather face the best team in baseball rather than Atlanta at home, a "hot" SD team that just a few days ago wasn't good, or a SF team that has no playoff experience either. The Reds will be huge underdogs in every game in Philly and the biggest underdog of every series in the first round by a long shot. If they were in SF or SD it would be a much easier series to win. I hope they can win obviously and it is doable, but they have by far the tallest first round task.

So it's going to be easier to win against the Big 3 on full days rest for 5 games rather than seeing the 4th starter? Gotcha. The Phillies were missing guys in that 4 game series and they didn't have Oswalt who has been lights out since going to Philly.

By the way some of the Reds who desperately needed rest only got one day. Was it overrated or overstated by the bgp faithful?

I'm not sure what to think of people that would rather face the best team in baseball rather than Atlanta at home, a "hot" SD team that just a few days ago wasn't good, or a SF team that has no playoff experience either. The Reds will be huge underdogs in every game in Philly and the biggest underdog of every series in the first round by a long shot. If they were in SF or SD it would be a much easier series to win. I hope they can win obviously and it is doable, but they have by far the tallest first round task.

The entire team got a day of rest. Since then, Cabrera has had 2 extra days of rest. Rolen only played half the game last night and isn't in there today. Votto isn't in there today. Dusty said a lot of players would only go 5 or 6 innings today and tomorrow. Not sure how you think that's only one day of rest for the guys that needed it.

You need to get over playing Atlanta at home. It was never going to happen. And the second best option would have been SD, that's not going to happen either.