Track the Reds (2nd Half, Week 12)

LRCW

You just won't let it go will you. The chances of the Reds catching the Giants regardless of who played and who didn't was unbelievably small. You, for who knows what reason, seem to think it was a forgone conclusion that they would take over second if they just would've started the regulars...:rolleyes:

As you can see by how the Giants have played, it isn't going to matter....The Giants only went 17-8 with an ERA of 1.92 in the month of September....Yeah, they were all of a sudden just going to start sucking against the Dbacks...:rolleyes:

I won't let it go b/c it's wrong. Were the Diamnobacks in for a 6 game series I wasn't aware of?

It makes a lot more sense, IMO to give everybody the same day off. Pinch hitting isn't exactly as difficult as playing 9 innings, so yes, they got the day off.

Would you rather lose one game with your "B" team or take a chance losing 2-3 games giving 4-5 guys rest over the course of 2-3 days?

A lineup with half the Reds starters is not that much better than the lineup they ran out there the other night. Plain and Simple. Better? Sure. "Way" better as you put it yesterday? Not a chance.

Pretty simple to me: If you have something to play for ie...2 seed you play at least a few of your regulars until you are eliminated. Why give away a game completely with 5 to play when you can use some regulars and take a chance on a win. Once your eliminated (according to some on here it was for sure that SF was going 4-1) you can rest as many guys as necessary. Did the guys that played yesterday really get a huge rest? To assume SF was unbeatable to me is a complete and total joke. I don't care who's playing well now SD is 10-5 against SF. To assumethere was no way SD could win 2 of 3 is dumb. The thing that's really funny is LRCW thought they would go to SF which wasn't happening unless Atlanta died and SD won the wild card which was near impossible without SD sweeping SF.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't let it go b/c it's wrong. Were the Diamnobacks in for a 6 game series I wasn't aware of?

Pretty simple to me: If you have something to play for ie...2 seed you play at least a few of your regulars until you are eliminated. Why give away a game completely with 5 to play when you can use some regulars and take a chance on a win. Once your eliminated (according to some on here it was for sure that SF was going 4-1) you can rest as many guys as necessary. Did the guys that played yesterday really get a huge rest? To assume SF was unbeatable to me is a complete and total joke. I don't care who's playing well now SD is 10-5 against SF. To assumethere was no way SD could win 2 of 3 is dumb. The thing that's really funny is LRCW thought they would go to SF which wasn't happening unless Atlanta died and SD won the wild card which was near impossible without SD sweeping SF.

If the Reds went 4-1, SF would have had to go 2-3. Pretty tall task the way Cincy has been playing, and pretty hard to think SF would go 2-3 the way they have been playing.

Possible? Sure. Likely? Not at all.