Track the Reds (2nd Half, Week 12)

LRCW

The entire team got a day of rest. Since then, Cabrera has had 2 extra days of rest. Rolen only played half the game last night and isn't in there today. Votto isn't in there today. Dusty said a lot of players would only go 5 or 6 innings today and tomorrow. Not sure how you think that's only one day of rest for the guys that needed it.

You need to get over playing Atlanta at home. It was never going to happen. And the second best option would have been SD, that's not going to happen either.

They could have played Atlanta if they didn't sit every starter the other night. They might not have but needing to make up 2 games with 5 to go when you're home against inferior opponents isn't impossible.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They could have played Atlanta if they didn't sit every starter the other night. They might not have but needing to make up 2 games with 5 to go when you're home against inferior opponents isn't impossible.

You're doing a lot of assuming. First you assume a red hot SF team will go 2-3 over the final 5. They you're assuming the Reds even win the game the other night. The correct choice was made.

I'll drop it, but you keep talking about it too. It was a dumb move IMO, and I hope it doesn't cost them.

The only way it won't "cost" them in your mind is if they win the series.

I don't know that the Reds would be the favorite against any of the playoff teams currently.

You're doing a lot of assuming. First you assume a red hot SF team will go 2-3 over the final 5. They you're assuming the Reds even win the game the other night. The correct choice was made.

Here's where you're wrong. I'm doing no assuming. You and the Reds assumed a "red hot" SF team couldn't lose two or three times so they white flagged it with something very important left to play for. I'm fine with resting guys a few at a time or all at once after they were eliminated from contention for the two seed. As it is they gave up a winnable game when the two seed was what they should have gone after. Moday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday this week are still rest even if they have to take a chartered jet two hours to Philly. It's still rest.

Here's where you're wrong. I'm doing no assuming. You and the Reds assumed a "red hot" SF team couldn't lose two or three times so they white flagged it with something very important left to play for. I'm fine with resting guys a few at a time or all at once after they were eliminated from contention for the two seed. As it is they gave up a winnable game when the two seed was what they should have gone after. Moday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday this week are still rest even if they have to take a chartered jet two hours to Philly. It's still rest.

You're the only one complaining about it. That should tell you something.

The only way it won't "cost" them in your mind is if they win the series.

I don't know that the Reds would be the favorite against any of the playoff teams currently.

No not at all. I think they would have still got the three seed, but I'd have liked to see them shoot for the two.

They would have been favored against Atlanta or SD if they finished second IMO.

No not at all. I think they would have still got the three seed, but I'd have liked to see them shoot for the two.

They would have been favored against Atlanta or SD if they finished second IMO.

So if you think they would have got the three seed, what are you complaining about? You're complaining just for the sake of complaining.

You're the only one complaining about it. That should tell you something.

No I'm the only one on here complaining about it. Everyone I know can't believe they gave up a chance at home field and are dying to play Philly. There are only two people on here saying it was the correct move so it's not 9-1 or anything. Also, I'm ususally out all weekend and I'm home bored and this forum is the best discussion forum I know of plus I'm getting my brains beat in betting football games so this is better than watching that. Hopefully I can win some 3:30 games so I have something to watch and keep me interestd. Ha

No I'm the only one on here complaining about it. Everyone I know can't believe they gave up a chance at home field and are dying to play Philly. There are only two people on here saying it was the correct move so it's not 9-1 or anything. Also, I'm ususally out all weekend and I'm home bored and this forum is the best discussion forum I know of plus I'm getting my brains beat in betting football games so this is better than watching that. Hopefully I can win some 3:30 games so I have something to watch and keep me interestd. Ha

:lol: I understand now. :lol:

So if you think they would have got the three seed, what are you complaining about? You're complaining just for the sake of complaining.

They had a chance and gave it up. It wasn't the most likely scenario but it could have happened. Plus like I said I needed somehting to do until the 3:30 games started so i could win a few bets today. I hope you guys were right about the 5 gamer rather than the 7 gamer. It will be fun next week no doubt.