Track the Reds (2nd Half, Week 12)

LRCW

Do you know the odds of SF, SD, and ATL all finishing with the same record?

If you can't do math, its not great.

All it would take is for the Padres to win today and tomorrow, and the Braves to lose today or tomorrow.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the dark side. I still don't want to face the Giants. I'm pulling for the Padres to win the west, and the Giants the WC.

Fair enough. I wouldn't mind facing SF after they use Lincecum Monday. I'd much rather see them than Philly, but I'd love it to be SD the Reds see. SF facing a team that dominated them so far this year is the reason they shouldn't have sat every player the other night though IMO.

All it would take is for the Padres to win today and tomorrow, and the Braves to lose today or tomorrow.

It comes out to about 13% odds. That's with giving the Padres the win today since they're already winning

And assuming it would be 50/50 odds on who wins the remaining three games that must go down correctly. .5 x .5 x .5 = 12.5%

Probably less than that since certain things must happen in each game. But it's "possible"

It comes out to about 13% odds. That's with giving the Padres the win today since they're already winning

And assuming it would be 50/50 odds on who wins the remaining three games that must go down correctly. .5 x .5 x .5 = 12.5%

Probably less than that since certain things must happen in each game. But it's "possible"

So you're saying there's a chance?

It's easy. Others, not so much.

I'd guess if the Reds play the Phillies the oddsmakers don't give them much of a better chance than 20% so maybe I'm not too far off. It would have been nice to try to win the other night though since the unbeatable Giants got beat yesterday and are trailing today.

I'd guess if the Reds play the Phillies the oddsmakers don't give them much of a better chance than 20% so maybe I'm not too far off. It would have been nice to try to win the other night though since the unbeatable Giants got beat yesterday and are trailing today.

Even if the Giants get swept, the Reds still would have to win tomorrow to get the 2 seed had they won on Wednesday. Sure is a lot to ask to happen.

Even if the Giants get swept, the Reds still would have to win tomorrow to get the 2 seed had they won on Wednesday. Sure is a lot to ask to happen.

Totally agree, but they at least they would have had a chance. They also might have played yesterday a little different. I just don't understand giving up because they assumed the Giants couldn't lose 2 or 3 games. Especially when the end result could have been avoiding Philly and getting home field advantage. There was too much left to play for to roll over. Other teams that had things to play for didn't roll over.

I was just getting to start a thread on that. He'll be throwing on at least 7 days rest. Let's hope he stays sharp.

Agreed. If they play Philly Halladay last started Monday so he will be well rested, but hopefully not sharp.

SVFan4Life has to be getting a little nervous. I'm sure Brooks Conrad isn't his favorite player right now. The Braves do have Tim Hudson going tomorrow. That's one thing going for them right now.