Track the Reds (2nd Half, Week 12)

LRCW

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pads win. There was just some kind of explanation as to what would happen if there was a 3 team tie. Did anyone catch it? It sounded like SD would be division winners b/c of a tie break

Yes, the Padres would win the west because of head to head. So if the Padres win the west, then the Giants and Braves would have to play for the wild card if the Braves win tomorrow.

Yes, the Padres would win the west because of head to head. So if the Padres win the west, then the Giants and Braves would have to play for the wild card if the Braves win tomorrow.

If SD wins and Atlanta loses does that make SD the 2 seed and SF the wild card?

If SD wins and Atlanta loses does that make SD the 2 seed and SF the wild card?

Yes, if San Diego wins tomorrow, and the Braves lose today and tomorrow the Padres would be West champs, and the Giants the WC. That would mean the Reds would play the Padres 1st round.

Yes, if San Diego wins tomorrow, and the Braves lose today and tomorrow the Padres would be West champs, and the Giants the WC. That would mean the Reds would play the Padres 1st round.

So can you have dmd recalculate the odds for me b/c seeminlgy as long as SD wins tomorrow there's a very good chance the Reds avoid Philly?

According to my math (which isn't that great) if the Reds would have played some regulars and won Wednesday they would be tied with the "red hot" Giants and have a chance to be the 2 seed. Maybe sitting everyone when there was so much to play for wasn't exactly the greatest idea. Did SD not get the memo that SF was unbeatable b/c of the roll they were on?

According to my math (which isn't that great) if the Reds would have played some regulars and won Wednesday they would be tied with the "red hot" Giants and have a chance to be the 2 seed. Maybe sitting everyone when there was so much to play for wasn't exactly the greatest idea. Did SD not get the memo that SF was unbeatable b/c of the roll they were on?

The Reds would still have to win tomorrow and the Giants lose tomorrow. The guys on Fox can't make up their mind. A few minutes ago they said there would have to be 2 playoff games if the Giants, Padres and Braves all end up with the same record.

I would have thought he would start tomorrow and go 1-2 innings. Guess not since Harang's starting.

Are you kidding me, Harang? The Reds needs to win tomorrow to have any chance to miss the Phillies. I am starting to think they want the Phillies.

Seriously man we get it! :isurrender:

NL playoff scenarios

* Giants beat Padres, Braves win: Giants win NL West; Braves win wild card; Padres out.

* Giants beat Padres, Braves lose: Giants win NL West; Padres play at Braves for wild card on Monday.

* Padres beat Giants, Braves win (leaving three-way tie): Giants play at Padres for NL West on Monday; loser of Monday game plays at Braves for wild card on Tuesday.

* Padres beat Giants, Braves lose: Padres win NL West because of head-to-head record (13-5); Giants win wild card; Braves out.

Here are the NLDS matchups depending on who wins the West and wild card:

* Giants win West, Braves wild card: Braves vs. Giants; Reds vs. Phillies

* Giants win West, Padres wild card: Padres vs. Phillies; Reds vs. Giants

* Padres win West, Giants wild card: Giants vs. Phillies; Reds vs. Padres

* Padres win West, Braves wild card: Reds vs. Phillies; Braves vs. Padres

http://dave-andriesen.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22297882/24977324

NL playoff scenarios

* Giants beat Padres, Braves win: Giants win NL West; Braves win wild card; Padres out.

* Giants beat Padres, Braves lose: Giants win NL West; Padres play at Braves for wild card on Monday.

* Padres beat Giants, Braves win (leaving three-way tie): Giants play at Padres for NL West on Monday; loser of Monday game plays at Braves for wild card on Tuesday.

* Padres beat Giants, Braves lose: Padres win NL West because of head-to-head record (13-5); Giants win wild card; Braves out.

Here are the NLDS matchups depending on who wins the West and wild card:

* Giants win West, Braves wild card: Braves vs. Giants; Reds vs. Phillies

* Giants win West, Padres wild card: Padres vs. Phillies; Reds vs. Giants

* Padres win West, Giants wild card: Giants vs. Phillies; Reds vs. Padres

* Padres win West, Braves wild card: Reds vs. Phillies; Braves vs. Padres

http://dave-andriesen.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22297882/24977324

So best case for Reds fans who wish to avoid Phillies is SD wins and Atlanta loses? Thanks the Fox broadcasters had it wrong during the Phillies game.

Seriously man we get it! :isurrender:

I was just making sure the people who said the Reds would have NO chance because SF couldn't lose two or three times got it. They didn't quite understand that SF could get beat.

You're the only one complaining about it. That should tell you something.

I am elated to be talking about the Reds' playoff participation. Back in April, who would have guessed? I do not want to belabor the point or detract from the joy of our first playoff appearance in 15 years and have taken a time out from carping about Tuesday night's party/Wednesday's game give-away. I do not think anyone would have taken issue with Dusty resting Rolen's back or Cabrera's oblique after we clinched on Tuesday. Nor would anyone have taken issue with setting up the rotation, even at the expense of maximizing the chance for a W on Wednesday through tomorrow. However, the Reds exercised bad judgement with a Mardi Gras type celebration Tuesday night complete with heavy partying at Rock Bottom Brewery late into Wednesday morning. All 8 starters plus Cairo rode the bench Wednesday. It is a real possibility that Wednesday's loss will put the Reds on the road to the West Coast rather than opening the playoffs with 2 at home. The point is, you just do not know how the matrix of wins and losses will play out.

Edited by Flotsam