9th Region Top 10 Players 2010/2011

Walter

Obviously you have not seen Fangman play lately. He plays great defense and blocks many shots. Over the summer he lead both AAU teams he played for in scoring against top talent. Fangman is much more a complete player than the others you mentioned in front of him.

You are correct. I haven't seen Fangman play since spring. I didn't catch any of his AAU games in July. Who was he playing for then? Out of the players I put ahead of him I would say that Flesch is the most complete player. Connelly is the most athletic, Brown is the strongest, and Fangman the best shooter of the four. I just haven't seen that side of Fangman. I know he can shoot, but I am not sold on him as a complete palyer.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct. I haven't seen Fangman play since spring. I didn't catch any of his AAU games in July. Who was he playing for then? Out of the players I put ahead of him I would say that Flesch is the most complete player. Connelly is the most athletic, Brown is the strongest, and Fangman the best shooter of the four. I just haven't seen that side of Fangman. I know he can shoot, but I am not sold on him as a complete palyer.

I think Fangman is a top 10 player in the 9th Region. I wouldn't put him ahead of Brown on the players mentioned but would put him ahead of Flesch and Connelly. Fangman was a very productive player for Beechwood last season and Beechwood played a very tough non-D3 schedule. Beechwood is limited by their conference and having to play the other D3 schools twice and I think that hurts their players sometimes in others eyes when making comparisons. The coaches thought enough of Fangman to vote him to their seasons end all conference teams.

I think Fangman is a top 10 player in the 9th Region. I wouldn't put him ahead of Brown on the players mentioned but would put him ahead of Flesch and Connelly. Fangman was a very productive player for Beechwood last season and Beechwood played a very tough non-D3 schedule. Beechwood is limited by their conference and having to play the other D3 schools twice and I think that hurts their players sometimes in others eyes when making comparisons. The coaches thought enough of Fangman to vote him to their seasons end all conference teams.

For clarification purposes, this was the D3 all-conference team that you are speaking of. He was voted all conference in his conference, D3.

[/b]

For clarification purposes, this was the D3 all-conference team that you are speaking of. He was voted all conference in his conference, D3.

If my memory serves me correctly they combine D2 & D3. There were two players of the year Rico Johnson (D1) and Grant Pangallo (D2 & 3).

Fangman was one of the very few juniors to be named to either team.

IMO To be considered a top ten player you have to posses the ability to be affective in all aspects of the game. If you look at last year's numbers for Fangman, Flesch, Connelly, and Brown you will see that Brown was the least effective in anything other than scoring. Not to knock him because he definately has his strength and he uses it, but not a complete player. Fangman and Flesch put up the best numbers accross the board, but I still go with Flesch over Fangman simply for his ability to control the game.

IMO To be considered a top ten player you have to posses the ability to be affective in all aspects of the game. If you look at last year's numbers for Fangman, Flesch, Connelly, and Brown you will see that Brown was the least effective in anything other than scoring. Not to knock him because he definately has his strength and he uses it, but not a complete player. Fangman and Flesch put up the best numbers accross the board, but I still go with Flesch over Fangman simply for his ability to control the game.

Valid points and really comes down to matter of opinion. I did see Fangman in the early portion of the AAU and was impressed with his overall play. Would have liked to have seen him in July in the bigger tournies. I would put him and Flesch somewhere in the 6-10 range of players in the 9th (Brown in that same range) and would have Connelly just outside the top 10. Not a knock on Connelly because with his athleticism if he had focused on basketball and not football he might be a top 5 player in the region.

FYI, Brown was the 6th or 7th man off the bench for Boone. I'm not sure, but are the others in comparison starters? I would imagine that Brown will be a starter this upcoming season and those numbers will increase with increased time on the court. To say Brown was the least effective due to numbers is a personal opinion, because you're not really comparing apples to apples. Combine position, minutes played, win vs losses with each individuals percentage time on the court, and then post your statistics. To me, what makes a player complete is a player that contributes to a team and gets the wins and not his individual stats.

If my memory serves me correctly they combine D2 & D3. There were two players of the year Rico Johnson (D1) and Grant Pangallo (D2 & 3).

Fangman was one of the very few juniors to be named to either team.

Not true. Each division has it's own team. He was on the D3 all-conference team. I have no idea who the D3 player of the year was, maybe the kid from Villa?

FYI, Brown was the 6th or 7th man off the bench for Boone. I'm not sure, but are the others in comparison starters? I would imagine that Brown will be a starter this upcoming season and those numbers will increase with increased time on the court. To say Brown was the least effective due to numbers is a personal opinion, because you're not really comparing apples to apples. Combine position, minutes played, win vs losses with each individuals percentage time on the court, and then post your statistics. To me, what makes a player complete is a player that contributes to a team and gets the wins and not his individual stats.

Good post, there are numerous stats that dont show up in the paper and its not just about filling it up.