9th Region Top 10 Players 2010/2011

Walter

With the talented and deep senior class of 2010 graduating, who should emerge this season as a top 10 player in the 9th region?

Just to throw some names out there and get some chatter started:

Jake Geisler- Newcath

Jack Stewart- Highlands

Jake Thelen- Covcath

Alex Connelly- Covcath

Kevon Rice- Holmes

Chris Hayes- Holmes

Jake Burger- Holy Cross

Trevan Brown- Boone Co

Travis Montgomery- Boone Co

Bobby Stauffer- Ryle

Jacob Flesch- Conner

Tyler Hodges- Conner

Clay Robinson- Conner

Matt Trammel- Dixie

Brandon Hatton- Dixie

Zeke Pike- Dixie

Thoughts?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the talented and deep senior class of 2010 graduating, who should emerge this season as a top 10 player in the 9th region?

Just to throw some names out there and get some chatter started:

Jake Geisler- Newcath

Jack Stewart- Highlands

Jake Thelen- Covcath

Alex Connelly- Covcath

Kevon Rice- Holmes

Chris Hayes- Holmes

Jake Burger- Holy Cross

Trevan Brown- Boone Co

Bobby Stauffer- Ryle

Jacob Flesch- Conner

Tyler Hodges- Conner

Clay Robinson- Conner

Matt Trammel- Dixie

Brandon Hatton- Dixie

Zeke Pike- Dixie

Thoughts?

A lot of names to start the conversation. Most on the list are unproven however. Of those on the list Giesler and Thelen catch my eye as guys who contributed big time last year on good or pretty good teams. I was a Stauffer fan last year, when many thought he wasn't ready to be productive. So, I'd start with those three and work from there.

One name I think you missed is the Cheatum kid from Lloyd. Stuck on a bad team the last couple years, but he is talented and has put up pretty good numbers as an underclassmen.

I think another guy to watch out for is Dontel Rice of Holmes.

Anyone who has seen them this summer knows he is the best player on that team. He was also lighting it up on the AAU circuit over the summer.

Think Greg Rice. They have the same size (6'4-6'5) and their games are very similar.

I like Jake Geisler as my preseason pick for 9th region POY.

I agree with Sandman on the big 3 of Thelen, Geisler, and Stauffer. I'd add Brown and Montgomery from Boone. Hatton and Trammel from Dixie with Pike as a possibility. The Conner boys might make the list as well. Stewart probably makes it.

IMO Kevon is not on the list. Could he? Yes. He has a lot to prove.

I'd have to agree with you. IMO, younger brother Dontel will be on the list before him.

It really depends on which Kevon shows up...the one that sits out and jacks up 3's, or the one that is aggressive and goes to the rack hard. That Kevon is very hard to stop.

This is my top ten in order!

Jake Geisler- Newcath

Bobby Stauffer- Ryle

Jake Thelen- Covcath

Tyler Fangman-Beechwood

Tyler Hodges- Conner

Jack Stewart- Highlands

Chris Hayes- Holmes

Matt Trammel- Dixie

Brandon Hatton- Dixie

Honorable Mention to:

Jake Burger- Holy Cross

Trevan Brown- Boone Co

Jacob Flesch- Conner

Alex Connelly- Covcath

I agree with Sandman on the big 3 of Thelen, Geisler, and Stauffer. I'd add Brown and Montgomery from Boone. Hatton and Trammel from Dixie with Pike as a possibility. The Conner boys might make the list as well. Stewart probably makes it.

Yea, come watch Stewart. He only got Co-MVP of the Rick Bolus Blue Chip Camp this summer and dropped 35 on Fern Creek and their 6'8 U of L football recruit at a Louisville summer camp.

Top 5 for me are the following.

Geisler

Stauffer

Stewart

Thelen

Hodges

A lot of names to start the conversation. Most on the list are unproven however. Of those on the list Giesler and Thelen catch my eye as guys who contributed big time last year on good or pretty good teams. I was a Stauffer fan last year, when many thought he wasn't ready to be productive. So, I'd start with those three and work from there.

One name I think you missed is the Cheatum kid from Lloyd. Stuck on a bad team the last couple years, but he is talented and has put up pretty good numbers as an underclassmen.

Apparently you didn't follow all of the teams well enough to honestly say who contributed big time on fairly decent teams. Brown from boone was either tied or second on the team as the leading scorer, in the top 3 for rebounds as well and he played probably 50% of the time as the starters received. The kid is a massive body in the paint at an athletic 265 and will be hard to control in the paint. But as usual, we have to let the kids play and see who shows up! I do think this will be the year for the Big men throughout the region.

Apparently you didn't follow all of the teams well enough to honestly say who contributed big time on fairly decent teams. Brown from boone was either tied or second on the team as the leading scorer, in the top 3 for rebounds as well and he played probably 50% of the time as the starters received. The kid is a massive body in the paint at an athletic 265 and will be hard to control in the paint. But as usual, we have to let the kids play and see who shows up! I do think this will be the year for the Big men throughout the region.

I really think this is the year of the big man as well...a lot of big guys in this year's class with some talent.

Geisler, Hodges, Robinson, Rice, Stewart, Stauffer, Thelen, and Brown will all be formidable big men. Should be fun to watch all these guys go at it one more time.

I really think this is the year of the big man as well...a lot of big guys in this year's class with some talent.

Geisler, Hodges, Robinson, Rice, Stewart, Stauffer, Thelen, and Brown will all be formidable big men. Should be fun to watch all these guys go at it one more time.

Yes there will be some banging going on in the paint this year. With the way 9th Region coaches call fouls though I expect it to also be a very frustrating year. You take any of these guys out of the lineup with foul trouble and its a different game.