9th Region Top 10 Players 2010/2011

Walter

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dixie likely has 4 of the top 20 players but what after that? Depth will be a factor and they also have to gel and avoid injuries .

They really are guard heavy and have excellent 3 point shooters in (seniors) Harris and Armbruster along with (juniors) Hassell, Cohorn, and Wigger. (senior) Muntis being a 6'5" widebody in the paint, will contribute significantly on the boards. Time will tell....I think some people may not be aware that this junior class (I believe) went undefeated as freshman with the exception of a 1 point loss in the championship game...and that was without Pike who was on varsity.

Pike, Haton, Tammel and Stansbury have all been mentioned on here. Is Dixie really going to be that good this year?:idunno:

Hatton and Trammell will likely be the best guard duo in the 9th if Trammell can come in and pick up where he left off when he was healthy.

Pike is the type of kid that isn't always necessarily the best player on the court, but rather the type of kid that works hard and plays a fundamentally sound game to get his. He is in the right place at the right time a lot.

Stansbury is a 6'4 guy that can go inside or out. Needs to add a little strength to go inside more often but he is another kid with a high motor that plays with a lot of energy.

Should be very interesting to see how this team gels. I'm with Q in that I think as good as Dixie's top 5 may be, their depth will likely be their downfall in the end. They'll be top 5 for sure, but I think Boone, Conner, Holmes, and possibly Covcath will all present problems for the Red Colonels because of their depth.

Hatton and Trammell will likely be the best guard duo in the 9th if Trammell can come in and pick up where he left off when he was healthy.

Pike is the type of kid that isn't always necessarily the best player on the court, but rather the type of kid that works hard and plays a fundamentally sound game to get his. He is in the right place at the right time a lot.

Stansbury is a 6'4 guy that can go inside or out. Needs to add a little strength to go inside more often but he is another kid with a high motor that plays with a lot of energy.

Should be very interesting to see how this team gels. I'm with Q in that I think as good as Dixie's top 5 may be, their depth will likely be their downfall in the end. They'll be top 5 for sure, but I think Boone, Conner, Holmes, and possibly Covcath will all present problems for the Red Colonels because of their depth.

I'm with you on Boone and Conner...probably the top 2 teams at least initially. Unless Covcath came up with some shooting guards over the summer they are looking at a very similar year to last year..maybe they have..I don't know?

I don't necessarily share your optimism for Holmes this year...They lost their superstars and their coach...big shoes to fill IMO. I just think it's going to be a little different down there this year and you will see them going through some adjustments...not bad, just different.

I'm with you on Boone and Conner...probably the top 2 teams at least initially. Unless Covcath came up with some shooting guards over the summer they are looking at a very similar year to last year..maybe they have..I don't know?

I don't necessarily share your optimism for Holmes this year...They lost their superstars and their coach...big shoes to fill IMO. I just think it's going to be a little different down there this year and you will see them going through some adjustments...not bad, just different.

I realize a lot of people are high on Boone and Conner because they return experience in Brown/Montgomery (Boone) and Flesch, Hodges, Robinson (Conner) but realistically how many of those guys are of the same caliber that we saw in last year's senior class around nky? None, IMO. That's not a knock on any of those guys because they're fine basketball players but if we're making those two the favorites because of those 5 guys, how down is nky basketball as a whole this year in the 9th region?

As far as Holmes, I think the reason a lot of people aren't very optimistic about them is because of how good last year's senior class was and how much of an unknown the rest of the guys are because this will be the first time they're in the "spotlight." Holmes senior class made it to the JV championship as sophomores without Rice on the team and McClendon an 8th grader. Holmes senior class this year is very solid.

Go back in the archives and look at what everyone said about Holmes after the 07 class of Jefferson, Hill, and Rice left and what they said about the next year's class. This year's team will be very similar to that 08 team in that they have no real superstars but a lot of depth which will allow them to get up and down the floor like that team did.

I spoke with Ryan Ernst last night at the NCC-Ryle game and he said he'd be very surprised if Holmes fell off as much as some are thinking. Obviously they won't be the state power that they were, but they aren't going anywhere as far as nky and 9th region basketball goes. You also forget that they have a very good sophomore class coming up with several guys that will be able to step in and contribute to the depth.

Only time will tell. This will definetly be an exciting year of 9th region basketball with no real favorite.

What about two dayton kids Jordan Smith and Thomas Rogg. The Smith kid is 6'6 and can shoot the three. Rogg can see the floor and has very good dribbling skills and has a good shot as well. I dont know about the top ten in the region but they will put up some good numbers this year as both being only juniors. Also the smith kid would of started varsisty but due to grades Coach dilts wouldn't let him.

What about two dayton kids Jordan Smith and Thomas Rogg. The Smith kid is 6'6 and can shoot the three. Rogg can see the floor and has very good dribbling skills and has a good shot as well. I dont know about the top ten in the region but they will put up some good numbers this year as both being only juniors. Also the smith kid would of started varsisty but due to grades Coach dilts wouldn't let him.

Never heard of either kid. No disrespect to either, but I doubt very seriously they're on the same level as the 15 or so names I threw out in my first post.

Never heard of either kid. No disrespect to either, but I doubt very seriously they're on the same level as the 15 or so names I threw out in my first post.

Its dayton they always have some type of player no one doesnt know about. Like last year Eastin and Turner and a few other seniors wasnt mentioned much but were very good i think eastin was in the top fithteen.

Its dayton they always have some type of player no one doesnt know about. Like last year Eastin and Turner and a few other seniors wasnt mentioned much but were very good i think eastin was in the top fithteen.

Eastin was a good DIII player but had he played against the bigger schools in nky, everyone would've seen that he was average at best.

Hatton earned his stripes leading Dixie and garnering an invite to the Fab 50 Frosh camp in Chicago this summer where he was listed in the top 15 players. This kid may be the next Scott Draud with his shooting capabilities and knack for scoring.

Definitely Agree! He'll have a few scoring blowout games this year to top his 33 against SK last year!

You can start this list off with the top three in any order and I would not argue with you. After that you have Fangman, Hayes, & even Trammel. I question them. Trammel for obvious reasons. I love this kid's game this summer ,but he did miss last year. Hayes was just not much of a factor. He was on a great team and may contribute more this year, but is very unproven. Fangman IMO is a good shooter, but just not top ten material. I would take Flesch, Connelly, or Brown out of your honorable mention before any of these three.

Obviously you have not seen Fangman play lately. He plays great defense and blocks many shots. Over the summer he lead both AAU teams he played for in scoring against top talent. Fangman is much more a complete player than the others you mentioned in front of him.