Smash Mouth Football and Chili

Ram

A while back we a discussion about "Smash Mouth Football" and some may have taken offense to it. It's just a slang term for running between the tackles a lot.

Some of the Northern-Kentucky fans don't understand the term, I even saw where one of them said "smashed mouth football":lol:

Kind of like when I was at a game several years ago and one NKY fan went to a local concession stand and the attendant asked if she wanted "Hot Dog Sauce" on her hot dog and she was appalled. I told the attendant that she didn't know what "Hot Dog Sauce" was that it was "Chili" in NKY.

What other football terms do you use in your area? What terms do you not understand?

You have not been to a Boone County or Ryle football game then. All they know how to do is run the ball. Even on 3rd and long. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wait, wait, wait....it's coming. Just be patient. I know the post will be made soon by a Highlands fan after the Ryle game last Friday.

...What other football terms do you use in your area? What terms do you not understand?

Although the message is not all that challenging to decipher….I absolutely despise the “Git-r-done” phrase.

How did we end up with the terms “gridiron” and “squibbing” a kick?

You have started some interesting threads lately Ram......what shall we discuss next?...the "meaning of life"?:D

Although the message is not all that challenging to decipher….I absolutely despise the “Git-r-done” phrase.

How did we end up with the terms “gridiron” and “squibbing” a kick?

You have started some interesting threads lately Ram......what shall we discuss next?...the "meaning of life"?:D

Why do we drive on "Parkways" and park on "driveways"? Answer that one oh great one.

Gridiron came from the fact that the football field used to have both horizontal and vertical lines instead of hash marks, hence "gridiron.

I have heard the drop back inside pitch to a running back called both a "shovel" pass because the QB shovels the ball to the RB, and a "shuffle" pass because the RB shuffles his feet before darting into traffic. Which is right? In college we just called it Utah pass.