Smash Mouth Football and Chili

Ram

Out here in the country we used to play "Bessie Bingo," once a year, the field is broken down into a semi-gridiron that is numbered, and a cow is let go on the field. Wherever the cow poops, that bingo number determines the winner of your pot. For whatever reason, that was discontinued in the 90's.

Out here in the country we used to play "Bessie Bingo," once a year, the field is broken down into a semi-gridiron that is numbered, and a cow is let go on the field. Wherever the cow poops, that bingo number determines the winner of your pot. For whatever reason, that was discontinued in the 90's.

PETA, no doubt. You were stressing the cow.:p

I moved from EKY upnorth when I was still young. I took a lot of crap for my accent so I notice alot of little things that I think are funny. The one that I hear every day without fail is people add an "s" to the end of grocery store names, such as Kroger(s), Meijer(s) & Wal Mart(s)

We do the same thing for "Ram Patty" Bingo. Rams make less mess.

PS - Ram, you're right on with respect to the swill they call chili. Peppers, onions, meat and beans make chili. Chocolate and cinnamon make something to put on my hot dog.
You just have no idea what's good! :p

Our chili is the nectar of the gods. That's why it has been entrusted to us -- the chosen people. It looks a lot less like ALPO than that extra chunky Texas stuff you get elsewhere.

Truth is, we like both, but they are most definitely apples and oranges. Your chili is something we eat like a soup, with crackers. Ours must only be eaten over spaghetti, with lots of grated cheese...or on hot dogs, with steamed buns, cheese and a touch of mustard.

The only time the word 'ensuing' is used is in football.

The 'ensuing' kickoff or the 'ensuing' drive.

I don't use it much in everyday life.

"With my ensuing check, I'll pay my bills."

"At the ensuing dessert, I had apple pie"

Nah.

Ensuing is to football as Embarking is to baseball.