Underrated Presidents

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you asking a serious question, brainwashed by Rush and crew or unable to be objective because of Clinton's immoral behavior? Either way, thanks for proving my point ... Clinton is incredibly underrated because he became the bullseye for Limbaugh and conservative talk hosts on radio and TV.

Yes, I have a long and distinguished record on here of offering only "brainwashed" questions.

Are you asking a serious question, brainwashed by Rush and crew or unable to be objective because of Clinton's immoral behavior? Either way, thanks for proving my point ... Clinton is incredibly underrated because he became the bullseye for Limbaugh and conservative talk hosts on radio and TV.

Way to answer a question. I too would like to know what you believe he achieved, particularly since you appear to think it was only Clinton and not the Republican Congress. BTW, what exactly did he achieve with his own party holding power vs when the R's took over?

Bill Clinton is IMO the most underrated. His morals issues clouded an excellent 8 years. The most ironic thing about the Clinton era is that the liberal label was built to a crescendo by Republicans during his terms and yet many of Clinton's accomplishments were clearly moderate or even conservative in nature. I sometimes joke with people that Clinton is one of the best Republican presidents of the last 50 years. And just to head off the almost sure response, those moderate/conservative programs were part of Clinton's campaign items and not the product of a Republican Congress in the last half of his presidency. But the Republican Congress surely helped Clinton to achieve what he did.

And George W was one of the best Democratic presidents. His overboard spending and economic policies were about as unrepublican as could be.

Not the best but underrated was Eisenhower.

I'm with the Sarge on this one. Nixon was also very good, but his own paranoia and subsequent resignation drop him significantly.

Gerald Ford also needs to be considered, because it takes an awfully strong man to accept the reigns as he did, pardon Nixon and know that he would be ousted. He truly laid on his own sword to try to heal the nation.

Bill Clinton is IMO the most underrated. His morals issues clouded an excellent 8 years. The most ironic thing about the Clinton era is that the liberal label was built to a crescendo by Republicans during his terms and yet many of Clinton's accomplishments were clearly moderate or even conservative in nature. I sometimes joke with people that Clinton is one of the best Republican presidents of the last 50 years. And just to head off the almost sure response, those moderate/conservative programs were part of Clinton's campaign items and not the product of a Republican Congress in the last half of his presidency. But the Republican Congress surely helped Clinton to achieve what he did.

I find it hard to believe that any Republican President would twice veto a ban on partial-birth abortion, even if they themselves were pro-abortion (such as Giuliani or Colin Powell).

I'll grant you that compared to Obama and some of the other current Democrat powers-that-be, Clinton is much more in the middle/moderate/conservative. And though I never voted for him, I do agree that he was able to accomplish quite a bit from an economic standpoint, especially as it relates to balanced budgets & budget surpluses. The Republican congress assisted, but I think you have to give credit where its due--something most of my fellow Republicans despise doing, especially when Clinton is involved.

Yes, I have a long and distinguished record on here of offering only "brainwashed" questions.

Few can argue that America was enjoying economic prosperity during the Clinton era. But, nonetheless, not everybody liked him or all of his accomplishments...and, dare I say, not all of those people have been brainwashed by Rush Limbaugh. :idunno:

Few can argue that America was enjoying economic prosperity during the Clinton era. But, nonetheless, not everybody liked him or all of his accomplishments...and, dare I say, not all of those people have been brainwashed by Rush Limbaugh. :idunno:

But how much of the economic boom of the 1990's can be accredited to what reagan did in the 1980s? How logical is it to conclude that what a president does will reach its result while that same man is still in office? And can a president actually fix or destroy the American economy. I personally feel that the economy rises and falls like a wave and there is not much a president can do to affect it.

But how much of the economic boom of the 1990's can be accredited to what reagan did in the 1980s? How logical is it to conclude that what a president does will reach its result while that same man is still in office? And can a president actually fix or destroy the American economy. I personally feel that the economy rises and falls like a wave and there is not much a president can do to affect it.

Hard to tell on Regan's impact. But I've always felt that the President of the United States is a lot like the quarterback on a football team--he gets too much credit when there's success & too much blame when there's failure. The truth usually resides somewhere in the middle.

I'm with the Sarge on this one. Nixon was also very good, but his own paranoia and subsequent resignation drop him significantly.

Gerald Ford also needs to be considered, because it takes an awfully strong man to accept the reigns as he did, pardon Nixon and know that he would be ousted. He truly laid on his own sword to try to heal the nation.

You hit the nail on the head History! Gerald Ford saved the country. He was a honest decent man who put his country ahead of himself and politics. :thumb: