Top RB in Eastern KY

jason16

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, i have heard alot that Reynolds does not get the credit he should, that he is as good if not better in a different style of running any truth?

Reynolds is a very good back. He does not have the numbers that Chaffin has because he is more of a power runner, a pounder if you will. Josh is a runner who is more effective on his 25th carry than he is on his 5th. People just get tired of tackling him. To be honest, he hasn't been able to show his game offensively because in many games Lynn Camp has scored too quickly on big plays from Chaffin and Roskopf. Also, Josh has shared a lot of the carries he would usually get with Joe. Lynn Camp had a stretch in the mid season when starting fullback Rodney Smith was out and Josh had to spend a lot of time at fullback. It's a testament to him that he is as unselfish as he is. I've heard him say many times that stats don't matter as long a Lynn Camp wins. In addition, as good an offensive player as Josh is, he is even better on defense. He is probably the best defensive player I have seen play this year (along with Anthony Walters).

Josh Reynolds is everywhere on the field, offensively and defensively. He has to be rated way up in the best backs poll. Like Hitsomebody said, the kid wants his team to win and will do everything in his power to make it happen. If the season came down to making 1 yard or being done, Josh is the kid you want with the ball in his hands. He can lay a mean lick and get up and do it all again. He's not the same type of explosive player as Chaffin, but the guy can flat out play a little football.

This time last year, Rider from Whitley Co was getting a lot of pub. What happened to him?

He's doing great again this year. I don't have numbers, but know he's way up there in yardage. He missed a game early and got held to low numbers in a couple of games, but bounced back. He's got lost in a tri-county forest of talent for some reason, but is doing very well.

He's doing great again this year. I don't have numbers, but know he's way up there in yardage. He missed a game early and got held to low numbers in a couple of games, but bounced back. He's got lost in a tri-county forest of talent for some reason, but is doing very well.

Just saw Rider once, last year. Quick as a cat to hit the hole, with shifty moves, but went down way too easy when he was hit. Granted, he's small, but little guys especially have to stay up and keep moving. Nice back though.

I see some very good names on this list, such as Jimmy Chaffins and Ryan Howard as well as others. But some names on here are not very accurate IMHO. Not to metion names but stats are not everything in football. How bout the way they help blocking and other key qualites for a running back should be thought about when metioning names.

Rider has had a pretty good year and his stats do not show how good he is. Last year he led the state in rushing but Whitley played weaker teams and this year better teams and Rider sat out a game has had an impact on his stats. Very strong kid for his size and he will play on Sat. somewhere.

I see some very good names on this list, such as Jimmy Chaffins and Ryan Howard as well as others. But some names on here are not very accurate IMHO. Not to metion names but stats are not everything in football. How bout the way they help blocking and other key qualites for a running back should be thought about when metioning names.

I can't speak about most of the players listed, but as for Jimmy Chaffin and Josh Reynolds from Lynn Camp, they are two of the best blocking backs I have ever seen. One of the reasons they have had the success they have is because of the way they block for one another. They also do a good job carrying out fakes and doing the other things necessary to make the Lynn Camp offense go.

The proof is in the numbers. Ron Blume leads the state in yards and near the top in per carry average and per game average. Plus, he's a great young man!

Ron's numbers

#2 in yards per game (201.3) all classes combined & #1 in 3A

#4 in scoring (18.7 ppg) all classes combined & #1 in 3A

Not too shabby.