Okay, you have your PG and your SG, now it is time for the SF

Who guarded Kobe in the 4th quarter of their series?

Durant plays as much on the perimeter as any SG.

He wasn't on the post much at all in that series.

I've seen Kobe guard every perimeter position at some point- he must be listed somewhere and his true position is at 2.

http://www.nba.com/thunder/roster/

Check the roster- where does the team list him? That's all I'm saying. :thumb:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't the 2 and 3 position very close to being interchangeable in many respects?

Depends on the system. In some the 2 and 3 are the same. Others it's the 3 and 4. It mostly comes down to who you can match up with on the defensive end with the roster at hand...

Who guarded Kobe in the 4th quarter of their series?

Durant plays as much on the perimeter as any SG.

He wasn't on the post much at all in that series.

And I felt like Thabo guarded him as much in the 4th as anybody- JMO.

Depends on the system. In some the 2 and 3 are the same. Others it's the 3 and 4. It mostly comes down to who you can match up with on the defensive end with the roster at hand...

In the NBA it doesn't matter. 2 and 3 are the same. A guy is a guard one place and gets signed and plays the 3 in another. Neither position has any different responsibilities in the league, unless the 1 and 2 switch men defensively. JMO.

In the NBA it doesn't matter. 2 and 3 are the same. A guy is a guard one place and gets signed and plays the 3 in another. Neither position has any different responsibilities in the league, unless the 1 and 2 switch men defensively. JMO.

There are also quite a few guys that are a SF in one place and a PF in another. The face up 4 is very common now, and most of those guys have the ball skills on both ends to be a 3 if need be...

There are also quite a few guys that are a SF in one place and a PF in another. The face up 4 is very common now, and most of those guys have the ball skills on both ends to be a 3 if need be...

I guess so. Rashard Lewis comes to mind.

Let's just say I wanted to go Wade, Kobe, Crush and Bron from 1-4 with Howard at the 5. I'd take anyone else you could dream up on a current NBA roster and win by 20 plus a night...

That's my line of thinking. I love this idea but we need some parameters.

1. Rose

2. Carmelo

3. LeBron