Okay, you have your PG and your SG, now it is time for the SF

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This really isn't just because I hate Kobe, and make no mistake I do hate him, but I don't get all the people having him on a 5-7 year window team. I'm clearly not seeing the same guy play as you are, he is not the same player as he was even two years ago, what will 2 or three more do to him? He has logged more miles than most anyone in NBA history. He is a terrific player, an all-time great, but to think he would be the best option for a 5-7 year window is crazy in my opinion.

This really isn't just because I hate Kobe, and make no mistake I do hate him, but I don't get all the people having him on a 5-7 year window team. I'm clearly not seeing the same guy play as you are, he is not the same player as he was even two years ago, what will 2 or three more do to him? He has logged more miles than most anyone in NBA history. He is a terrific player, an all-time great, but to think he would be the best option for a 5-7 year window is crazy in my opinion.

I think, and this is just me, that having Gasol, Bynum, & Odom will save Kobe's legs a little bit. And playing on an All-Star type team would do that even more. If he was playing with CP3, LeBron, Bosh and Amare, I think Kobe would be effective into his late 30s, because he'd only have to step up at the end of games.

I don't know, to me rebounding and especially passing is something you have to be born with, so to speak. I don't think someone becomes much better at either, they seem to be things that come naturally. JMO though, of course.

He pulled down almost 8 rebounds a game this year, so even a marginal jump there and he's right at double figures...

He pulled down almost 8 rebounds a game this year, so even a marginal jump there and he's right at double figures...

True, for some reason I thought his numbers were smaller. Still is assist number are not great compared to LeBron, Kobe or DWade. I just think he's always going to be a scorer, rather than an all-around guy. I think he's a better Carmelo Anthony when it's all said and done, numbers wise. There is just something about his game to where I can't see him becoming another Kobe or LeBron or DWade, but I still think he'll be a star obviously.