NKY POY

Clyde

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cotton kid is a very good player. He's now tied for the lead in the region with 9 HR's and leads the region in stolen bases with 26. He is also hitting .367 with 29 RBI's.

Pugh hit one last night and I believe he had 10 going into the night. Either way he'd still be ahead of Ronald.

Interesting side note - Pugh is one RBI away from being Conner's all-time career RBI leader. Pretty cool stuff, considering he had some faulty athletic genes to overcome (on father's side, not mother's). :sssh:

Certainly on the defensive side it would be hard to argue the likes of Liggett catching and Cotton roaming CF.............both would be strong contenders based soley on defensive prowess. Liggett literally controls the basepaths from the dish. That type of "game-management" at the high school level is certainly MVP criteria. He and Cotton are both strong at the plate as well. Sam maybe doesn't have the HRs but isn't playing at the Band-box at Boone either (not taking away from Ronald at all) Pugh is also a serious contender with his position supporting his overall value and hitting numbers..........certainly their three teams have a strong enough schedule to not have the "watered down competition" discussion. I would start the discussion among these three and move from there as the rest of the season unfolds. I cannot comment first hand on everyone as I admittedly have not seen Dixie yet this year but am familiar with their players, so there are some others that obviously deserve some consideration.

Haven't heard about the additions to the schedule from Max but I'm guessing Abeling is correct because Dixie was in a position to pick up games. Max did not know that when they started counting all tournament games they upped the total number of allowed games to 36.

Off subject so I apologize in advance, but they has a picture in the paper of Cory wearing a guard over his mouth/nose. What he do?

Off subject so I apologize in advance, but they has a picture in the paper of Cory wearing a guard over his mouth/nose. What he do?

Took a throw at 2nd on a steal. Ball bounced up and broke his nose.

Certainly on the defensive side it would be hard to argue the likes of Liggett catching and Cotton roaming CF.............both would be strong contenders based soley on defensive prowess. Liggett literally controls the basepaths from the dish. That type of "game-management" at the high school level is certainly MVP criteria. He and Cotton are both strong at the plate as well. Sam maybe doesn't have the HRs but isn't playing at the Band-box at Boone either (not taking away from Ronald at all) Pugh is also a serious contender with his position supporting his overall value and hitting numbers..........certainly their three teams have a strong enough schedule to not have the "watered down competition" discussion. I would start the discussion among these three and move from there as the rest of the season unfolds. I cannot comment first hand on everyone as I admittedly have not seen Dixie yet this year but am familiar with their players, so there are some others that obviously deserve some consideration.

Of Cottons 9 HR only 3 are at home!!!!