Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY POY

Featured Replies

The Cotton kid is a very good player. He's now tied for the lead in the region with 9 HR's and leads the region in stolen bases with 26. He is also hitting .367 with 29 RBI's.

  • Replies 137
  • Views 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cotton kid is a very good player. He's now tied for the lead in the region with 9 HR's and leads the region in stolen bases with 26. He is also hitting .367 with 29 RBI's.

 

Pugh hit one last night and I believe he had 10 going into the night. Either way he'd still be ahead of Ronald.

 

Interesting side note - Pugh is one RBI away from being Conner's all-time career RBI leader. Pretty cool stuff, considering he had some faulty athletic genes to overcome (on father's side, not mother's). :sssh:

Certainly on the defensive side it would be hard to argue the likes of Liggett catching and Cotton roaming CF.............both would be strong contenders based soley on defensive prowess. Liggett literally controls the basepaths from the dish. That type of "game-management" at the high school level is certainly MVP criteria. He and Cotton are both strong at the plate as well. Sam maybe doesn't have the HRs but isn't playing at the Band-box at Boone either (not taking away from Ronald at all) Pugh is also a serious contender with his position supporting his overall value and hitting numbers..........certainly their three teams have a strong enough schedule to not have the "watered down competition" discussion. I would start the discussion among these three and move from there as the rest of the season unfolds. I cannot comment first hand on everyone as I admittedly have not seen Dixie yet this year but am familiar with their players, so there are some others that obviously deserve some consideration.

Haven't heard about the additions to the schedule from Max but I'm guessing Abeling is correct because Dixie was in a position to pick up games. Max did not know that when they started counting all tournament games they upped the total number of allowed games to 36.

 

Off subject so I apologize in advance, but they has a picture in the paper of Cory wearing a guard over his mouth/nose. What he do?

  • Author
Off subject so I apologize in advance, but they has a picture in the paper of Cory wearing a guard over his mouth/nose. What he do?

 

Took a throw at 2nd on a steal. Ball bounced up and broke his nose.

Took a throw at 2nd on a steal. Ball bounced up and broke his nose.

 

On another Ronald Cotton steal :notworthy: Corys good now though. He only missed a couple games I think.

On another Ronald Cotton steal :notworthy: Corys good now though. He only missed a couple games I think.

 

Ok - Thanks. Good kid. Glad to hear was not major as I know he loves the game!

Certainly on the defensive side it would be hard to argue the likes of Liggett catching and Cotton roaming CF.............both would be strong contenders based soley on defensive prowess. Liggett literally controls the basepaths from the dish. That type of "game-management" at the high school level is certainly MVP criteria. He and Cotton are both strong at the plate as well. Sam maybe doesn't have the HRs but isn't playing at the Band-box at Boone either (not taking away from Ronald at all) Pugh is also a serious contender with his position supporting his overall value and hitting numbers..........certainly their three teams have a strong enough schedule to not have the "watered down competition" discussion. I would start the discussion among these three and move from there as the rest of the season unfolds. I cannot comment first hand on everyone as I admittedly have not seen Dixie yet this year but am familiar with their players, so there are some others that obviously deserve some consideration.

 

Of Cottons 9 HR only 3 are at home!!!!

Of Cottons 9 HR only 3 are at home!!!!

 

Touche :thumb::ylsuper:

Took a throw at 2nd on a steal. Ball bounced up and broke his nose.

 

I believe he only has about a week and a half longer of wearing the mask.

My vote goes to Ronald Cotton so far. I have to go with a kid who plays every day. He leads or is very high in most offensive categories. He is also a great center fielder.

I believe he only has about a week and a half longer of wearing the mask.

 

On the bright side the kid made it to Barstool sports!

Very good observations. Just remember that he is a catcher and he is subject to the courtesy runner option.

  • Author
Very good observations. Just remember that he is a catcher and he is subject to the courtesy runner option.

 

What is this in response to?

  • Author

I'm still leaning towards Liggett.

 

.430+ average and a game changer behind the plate.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.