NKY POY

Clyde

1. Cotton- In the top in almost every offensive category, may be all of them.

2. Liggett- They have played a very tough schedule also.

3. Sexton

Not so sure that's true with regard to average. He's got a nice average (.375), but not in upper echelon.

Maybe TOG would know, but I'm wondering when the last POY winner was that had a sub-.400 average.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I'll give you that defense is not his strong point. But it's not as if he's miserable. He's also leading the entire 9th region in hitting and doing so against a very, very strong schedule. But you would automatically exclude him from consideration despite this? Yet if he was playing 1B (a much easier position than 3B) and making less errors, you would be willing to include him for consideration? If you think he's in the wrong spot, blame the coach, not Hempel. Someone who has an average above .500 at this point in the season against Ryle's level of competition should absolutely be considered. Not saying he's the best choice for the award, but that alone makes him worthy of consideration - even with some struggles at 3B.

Again, I did not say that he was miserable...I was just explaining my thoughts and opinion. Just like you stated earlier "it's simply your personal and subjective assessment vs. mine vs. everyone's else.'

The first half of he year I was leaning toward Pugh. After watching Liggett control the base paths with his defense, he is now my number 1 canidate for POY. Liggett is also hitting the ball really well...JMO