NKY POY

Clyde

Right. I agree. You point out the flaw in the system and I fully realize its the best we've got.

Hunter Jones, though, would throw a wrench into the "competition" argument had he been here.

And he was on my mind as I wrote my post. I would say, however, that it was made easier by the fact that Bellevue greatly upgraded the quality of their scheduling last year. He did not build his stats solely playing Villa, Dayton, Heritage, Silver Grove, Calvary, etc...

I guess the real question will be what happens if a player from one of these smaller schools hits .800, 20 HR's, 60 RBI, 0.20 ERA, etc... Can that player legitimately be considered for POY if indeed they played almost exclusively against the smallest schools in NKY?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think whoever decides the award should be able to go see the top 5 or so candidates before making the decision. It will be offensive based but there are coaches or players that keep a scorebook that can have an influence on numbers. It seems some just give hits if you get on base and others you have to have a no doubt hit to be given credit.

I know this has no effect on anything but if I has to choose my top 5 candidates in order it'd look like this. In order for me to make this list I tried to include the following: offense, defense, pitching era, and able to be clutch.

1. Travis Norton- batting .590 with 14 doubles and a good pitching record.

2. Tyler Sexton- batting .443 with 8 doubles and 3 homeruns and a .80 ERA.

3. James Hoskins- 5 homeruns and a RBI machine.

4. Ronald Cotton- 5 homeruns and 24 stolen bases and possibly the best CF in NKY.

5. Austin Pugh- 5 homeruns and the leader if the Conner team. Also am RBI machine.

Liggett is making a serious run. I still say he's the #1 defensive weapon in NKY playing the 2nd most important position PLUS he's now upto .362 for an average. Add in leadership and you've got yourself a strong candidate.

Hats off to the entire HHS baseball team for getting it done in the classroom. Team GPA at or about the 3.4 to 3.5 level. Strong.

Liggett is making a serious run. I still say he's the #1 defensive weapon in NKY playing the 2nd most important position PLUS he's now upto .362 for an average. Add in leadership and you've got yourself a strong candidate.

Hats off to the entire HHS baseball team for getting it done in the classroom. Team GPA at or about the 3.4 to 3.5 level. Strong.

Liggett is still pushing for that award. He's now at .405. Strong performance by a , by all accounts, great kid.

After tonight game against Lloyd, Sexton is batting .451 with 4 HR and 13 doubles. And also has a 1.31 ERA, 55 K's and 11 walks and 7 earned runs. I still dont know who my vote would go for though at this point.

I'm torn between him and Liggett. Dixie's schedule makes me lean towards Liggett.

I'm torn between him and Liggett. Dixie's schedule makes me lean towards Liggett.

I still dont know. I mean you still have to hit the ball. Im looking more towards who has been there when there teams needed them the most. Oh and by the way young Mr. Abeling told me about an hour ago that Dixie has picked up a game this Saturday against Louisville Male and a game after that against Highlands. My vote right now I think would go with Sexton as of now. But there is still about 2 weeks left of the regular season so we shall see :thumb: