Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY POY

Featured Replies

Lets include players from any team in the 3 main NKY counties.

 

Off the top of my head, I've got Pugh, Sexton, Hoskins, and Norton.

  • Replies 137
  • Views 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seniors only?

 

Not sure what Clyde's rules are for this thread, but a non-senior can win POY.

Lets include players from any team in the 3 main NKY counties.

 

Off the top of my head, I've got Pugh, Sexton, Hoskins, and Norton.

 

 

In seeing him play a couple of times Mr. Hoskins would get my vote closely followed by Pugh.

You have to throw in Laumann and Cotton from Boone. Both have hit 5 HR's and Cotton is near .400 and Laumann is over .400.

.............Long way to go but I would give the nod right now to Sexton batting over .400 along with impressive stats from the mound.

I'll go with Hoskiins right now (yes, some Ryle bias there), but I would like to hear some of Laumannm's pitching stats, if anyone has them. I was pretty impressed watching him throw last week. If he has some nice pitching stats to go with his hitting, it might give him a leg up. Much similar to last year when I (and a lot of other people) thought Isler's combined pitching/hitting stats were worthy of the POY.

Cotton .400, 5HR's, 20 SB's.

Cotton .400, 5HR's, 20 SB's.

 

Cotton .400 ave, 6 HR, 24 SB, 16 RBI's, 18 runs scored and has thrown out at least 6 runners. And on top of all of that he is one of the best defensive outfielders in the state!:notworthy:

Cotton .400 ave, 6 HR, 24 SB, 16 RBI's, 18 runs scored and has thrown out at least 6 runners. And on top of all of that he is one of the best defensive outfielders in the state!:notworthy:

 

Not that I disagree with the defensive part at all, but ultimately the POY is an offensive-based award and defense factors in very little, if at all. His stats look great, but other than the 24 SB (which is indeed impressive) I don't see anything that sticks out above some other candidates.

I'll go with Hoskiins right now (yes, some Ryle bias there), but I would like to hear some of Laumannm's pitching stats, if anyone has them. I was pretty impressed watching him throw last week. If he has some nice pitching stats to go with his hitting, it might give him a leg up. Much similar to last year when I (and a lot of other people) thought Isler's combined pitching/hitting stats were worthy of the POY.

 

Laumann: 5 saves, 22K's in 15 innings, .155 ave against him,

Hitting: .397 ave, 5Hr, 21 RBI's, 17 Runs scored and only 4'k in 70 AB

  • Author
.............Long way to go but I would give the nod right now to Sexton batting over .400 along with impressive stats from the mound.

 

I think this is the kid worthy of being in the discussion that will the most overlooked. The kid can play baseball. I think the Enquirer had his ERA a 0.80 and he a high average with power as well.

Laumann: 5 saves, 22K's in 15 innings, .155 ave against him,

Hitting: .397 ave, 5Hr, 21 RBI's, 17 Runs scored and only 4'k in 70 AB

 

Solid.

 

Does he not start (pitching)?

What are Norton and Bezold's stats from Brossart?

I'll go with Hoskiins right now (yes, some Ryle bias there), but I would like to hear some of Laumannm's pitching stats, if anyone has them. I was pretty impressed watching him throw last week. If he has some nice pitching stats to go with his hitting, it might give him a leg up. Much similar to last year when I (and a lot of other people) thought Isler's combined pitching/hitting stats were worthy of the POY.

 

yep - they sure were.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.