NKY POY

Clyde

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go with Hoskiins right now (yes, some Ryle bias there), but I would like to hear some of Laumannm's pitching stats, if anyone has them. I was pretty impressed watching him throw last week. If he has some nice pitching stats to go with his hitting, it might give him a leg up. Much similar to last year when I (and a lot of other people) thought Isler's combined pitching/hitting stats were worthy of the POY.

Cotton .400 ave, 6 HR, 24 SB, 16 RBI's, 18 runs scored and has thrown out at least 6 runners. And on top of all of that he is one of the best defensive outfielders in the state!:notworthy:

Not that I disagree with the defensive part at all, but ultimately the POY is an offensive-based award and defense factors in very little, if at all. His stats look great, but other than the 24 SB (which is indeed impressive) I don't see anything that sticks out above some other candidates.

I'll go with Hoskiins right now (yes, some Ryle bias there), but I would like to hear some of Laumannm's pitching stats, if anyone has them. I was pretty impressed watching him throw last week. If he has some nice pitching stats to go with his hitting, it might give him a leg up. Much similar to last year when I (and a lot of other people) thought Isler's combined pitching/hitting stats were worthy of the POY.

Laumann: 5 saves, 22K's in 15 innings, .155 ave against him,

Hitting: .397 ave, 5Hr, 21 RBI's, 17 Runs scored and only 4'k in 70 AB

.............Long way to go but I would give the nod right now to Sexton batting over .400 along with impressive stats from the mound.

I think this is the kid worthy of being in the discussion that will the most overlooked. The kid can play baseball. I think the Enquirer had his ERA a 0.80 and he a high average with power as well.

yep - they sure were.