A Proud YES Vote for Public Schools

Sports Authority

I see Ballard and Male in the finals more in the past 10 years than PRP? :confused:

He said in the past 10 games, not years...And since 1993, PRP has been in the Final Four 6 times, Ballard 2, and Male 1. So I would say that PRP is Louisville's most dominant baseball team. And it is true, that a little county school has dominated them in head to head competition. So BGGreen I hate to tell you, but louisvilles "publics" don't beat up on sport authority's team...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said in the past 10 games, not years...And since 1993, PRP has been in the Final Four 6 times, Ballard 2, and Male 1. So I would say that PRP is Louisville's most dominant baseball team. And it is true, that a little county school has dominated them in head to head competition. So BGGreen I hate to tell you, but louisvilles "publics" don't beat up on sport authority's team...

Yeah they USED to be the most dominant. They havent been to the finals in a long while. You act like that little county school can somehow beat "the best" any public school from louisville has to offer. Your own facts point that out. 9 out of the last 12 years a louisville public has been in the final four. I think Ill take a head to head loss and win a state championship any day. ;)

Does anyone ever get the feeling that all this just goes back about 20 years where we felt we needed to build self esteem and give everyone a trophy? :confused: :confused:

What happened to work hard, play hard, and be rewarded for your efforts against the best. :banana: :irked:

"Open enrollment" is a decision determined by the District School Board. The KHSAA has nothing to do with that decision.

It still gives the schools that can utilize it an athletic advantage. It's no different than the advantage that the privates have, as put forth in proposal 20.

It still gives the schools that can utilize it an athletic advantage. It's no different than the advantage that the privates have, as put forth in proposal 20.

So kick every large city school out. Isn't that where we seem to be headed...

No, but the KHSAA should address the issue.

A good proposal would be....if a student chooses to use the 'open enrollment' as an option, then they can't participate in athletics at the school they choose, but they can still benifit from their obvious belief that they can get a better education from their new school. That way, it wouldn't look like they are moving into their new school just to play sports. It's a sacrifice, but a least they'll get a great education.

If a proposal like that that passed, I'd say you'd see quite a few student/athletes remain at their original school....and still discover that they can obtain a good education, and have a lot of fun with the kids they've grown up with in the various sports they choose to play.

No, but the KHSAA should address the issue.

A good proposal would be....if a student chooses to use the 'open enrollment' as an option, then they can't participate in athletics at the school they choose, but they can still benifit from their obvious belief that they can get a better education from their new school. That way, it wouldn't look like they are moving into their new school just to play sports. It's a sacrifice, but a least they'll get a great education.

If a proposal like that that passed, I'd say you'd see quite a few student/athletes remain at their original school....and still discover that they can obtain a good education, and have a lot of fun with the kids they've grown up with in the various sports they choose to play.

So you wanna punish those kids by not allowing them to play sports because they want a traditional, magnet, or private education? Why would the KHSAA need to address the issue? Can you not understand that its a school districts choice to allow open enrollment?

So you wanna punish those kids by not allowing them to play sports because they want a traditional, magnet, or private education? Why would the KHSAA need to address the issue? Can you not understand that its a school districts choice to allow open enrollment?

Why can't you understand that it's still an athletic advantage that most of the rest of the state does not have?

Why can't you understand that it's still an athletic advantage that most of the rest of the state does not have?

I understand its an advantage. Its an advantage that comes with living in the city. How is it any different than the advantage that a school in a rich neighborhood has over one from a poor or rural area. How about an enrollment advantage? Do you propose that those "rich" schools need to have money taken from them to "level the playing field?" How about everybody in 4A has to have exactly 800 boys in the school. Any more or less would mean an unfair advantage and we cant have that.

I understand its an advantage. Its an advantage that comes with living in the city. How is it any different than the advantage that a school in a rich neighborhood has over one from a poor or rural area. How about an enrollment advantage? Do you propose that those "rich" schools need to have money taken from them to "level the playing field?" How about everybody in 4A has to have exactly 800 boys in the school. Any more or less would mean an unfair advantage and we cant have that.

99.9% of life is facing others with advantages over you...

Go to your school board, demand they have open enrollment. Don't punish those who allow it, just do the same.

If your HS near your home isn't doing the job then send your kid(s) to an open enrollment school, and if so they should have the same right to play sports!