A Proud YES Vote for Public Schools

Sports Authority

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then it should be addressed by the KHSAA. It should not be legal. It's unfair to the rest of the state that isn't fortunate enough to have a million people in their county.

You're feeling sorry for the wrong population.

Just annex Louisville out of the state! Isn't that what you are really calling for???

:rolleyes:

I don't feel sorry for ANYONE. That's on you...

You seem to be making a lot of excuses for "open enrollment". Academics is no doubt a reason established for these magnet/traditional schools, but don't think for one minute that athletics comes in to play when considering the enrollment of some of these kids. I've talked to too many Jefferson County coaches at the HS state tournament who are usually on the end of losing good athletes in the name of "academics" to magnet schools.

You seem to be making a lot of excuses for "open enrollment". Academics is no doubt a reason established for these magnet/traditional schools, but don't think for one minute that athletics comes in to play when considering the enrollment of some of these kids. I've talked to too many Jefferson County coaches at the HS state tournament who are usually on the end of losing good athletes in the name of "academics" to magnet schools.
Just say what you are dancing around, and vote all open enrollment out. Beating around the bush is getting old...

Just say what you are dancing around, and vote all open enrollment out. Beating around the bush is getting old...

Okay. I'm not beating around the bush.

I'm for open enrollment for academics, but not for athletics. If you want to leave your district for academics, that's fine, but you're only eligible to participate in sports at your old school.

That's fair and square, and keeps corrupt coaches from manipulating the magnet program for athletic reasons.

Okay. I'm not beating around the bush.

I'm for open enrollment for academics, but not for athletics. If you want to leave your district for academics, that's fine, but you're only eligible to participate in sports at your old school.

That's fair and square, and keeps corrupt coaches from manipulating the magnet program for athletic reasons.

There are TWO magnet programs in the State that matter, and they do VERY little in the grand scheme of athletics...

Big school Private Championship (Trinity/St.X LexCath, Louisville Girls schools

Small school Private Championship (Louisville HC, Desales, CAL, LCA, etc)

Louisville Open Enrollment Schools Championship (Louisville Public schools)

NKY Independent schools/NKY Private schools Championships (Highlands, NCC Beechwood, CovCath, Dixie etc

Independent schools from the rest of the state Championship

Large Population County Schools Championship

Medium Population County Schools Championships

Small Population County Schools Championships

There that ought to about do it to make sure the playing field is level. Eight champions in Golf, Tennis, Basketball etc. Trophies will be cheaper when bought in bulk!!!

Big school Private Championship (Trinity/St.X LexCath, Louisville Girls schools

Small school Private Championship (Louisville HC, Desales, CAL, LCA, etc)

Louisville Open Enrollment Schools Championship (Louisville Public schools)

NKY Independent schools/NKY Private schools Championships (Highlands, NCC Beechwood, CovCath, Dixie etc

Independent schools from the rest of the state Championship

Large Population County Schools Championship

Medium Population County Schools Championships

Small Population County Schools Championships

There that ought to about do it to make sure the playing field is level. Eight champions in Golf, Tennis, Basketball etc. Trophies will be cheaper when bought in bulk!!!

:lol: :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

What do they win? VERY little. Call out ALL open enrollment, and maybe you have a small case...

Then end all open enrollment.

What if Fayette County had an open enrollment policy similar to Jefferson County, and could attract students from Jessamine, Clark, Madison, Bourbon, Scott, and Woodford counties (about the same population as Jefferson County)?

Well. two or three of the schools in the area would be absolute powerhouses.

Then end all open enrollment.

What if Fayette County had an open enrollment policy similar to Jefferson County, and could attract students from Jessamine, Clark, Madison, Bourbon, Scott, and Woodford counties (about the same population as Jefferson County)?

Well. two or three of the schools in the area would be absolute powerhouses.

And???

:confused:

I give up.

I won't confuse you with the facts anymore, because you evidently already have your mind made up. :lol:

How many divisions do you want? Public/Private. Magnate/Traditional. Open/Closed Enrollment. Big City/Rural County. This isn't life. Never will be. But hey, why not soften it for those that might really have a chance. I'm sure guys like Tim Couch, Brandon Stockton and Josh Carrier wouldn't have been exposed in games vs any of the big boys your way...