A Proud YES Vote for Public Schools

Sports Authority

Lloyd and Ryle...

Well, for Lloyd to be supporting this is just nonsense! Do they feel that they will have their chances at competing for state championships improved? Not when you have to go through Beechwood, but I guess just having to go through Beechwood is a lot better than having to go through NCC. But ohh yes Lloyd, who else is getting better in that feild of competition in football? Can I get a Belleview? Man thats another public school that sits in their way. Lloyd supporting this prop is just stupid. And as far as Ryle goes, they have one of the highest student populations in the NKY area. That right there just tells me that there is something else wrong other than them playing the private schools.

I just really think there is NO thought behind some of these school's support for this proposal.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, for Lloyd to be supporting this is just nonsense! Do they feel that they will have their chances at competing for state championships improved? Not when you have to go through Beechwood, but I guess just having to go through Beechwood is a lot better than having to go through NCC. But ohh yes Lloyd, who else is getting better in that feild of competition in football? Can I get a Belleview? Man thats another public school that sits in their way. Lloyd supporting this prop is just stupid. And as far as Ryle goes, they have one of the highest student populations in the NKY area. That right there just tells me that there is something else wrong other than them playing the private schools.

I just really think there is NO thought behind some of these school's support for this proposal.

I agree with your line of thinking, but Lloyd is AA not A. Their problem in NKY is with Newport, and statewide I think there is only one AA private playing football. As for Ryle, I'm assuming it's the same old "can't beat the Louisville schools" thing; but they wouldn't fare any better with Male, Ballard, or whoever follows Trinity and X if this debacle ever passes!!

I agree with your line of thinking, but Lloyd is AA not A. Their problem in NKY is with Newport, and statewide I think there is only one AA private playing football. As for Ryle, I'm assuming it's the same old "can't beat the Louisville schools" thing; but they wouldn't fare any better with Male, Ballard, or whoever follows Trinity and X if this debacle ever passes!!

My bad, sorry. Not too familiar with the classifications in football. See I went to Bishop Brossart, we don't have a football team. School is small, but I really don't think that is why they don't have a football team. I think it is because it would take a lot of their athletes away from basketball.

I see Ballard and Male in the finals more in the past 10 years than PRP? :confused:

All 3 have 'open enrollment', which allows any student/athlete in Jefferson county to enroll at their schools, or any other county school for that matter. That's as big an advantage as any private school has, considering how many people live in Jefferson County (1/4 of the state's population). The KHSAA need to address the issue of open enrollment as much as Proposal 20.

Doesn't matter BOC shuts it down 9-7.... Good try sore losers... :p

I'd say several of these BOC members are serving their last term. They have too many lined up against them. I guess the 9 that voted as they did were brave souls, but they'll have to accept the consequences when new elections come up.

I'd say several of these BOC members are serving their last term. They have too many lined up against them. I guess the 9 that voted as they did were brave souls, but they'll have to accept the consequences when new elections come up.

Are you claiming that the member schools of the KHSAA will do whatever they can to make this happen down the road reguardless of consequence???

Are you claiming that the member schools of the KHSAA will do whatever they can to make this happen down the road reguardless of consequence???

I'm just offering an opinion. That was a big vote from public schools on Thursday, and this 9-7 KHSAA vote is not going to set too well with these folks. Maybe not.... but there could be a day of reckoning, if the yes voters have a long memory.

I For all you haters who have poured the big bucks into the school at 2250 Clays Mill Road and other private schools throughout the state, I personally want to say good bye and don't let the door hit you on the backside. My only wish is that it would have happened year's ago.

Good, then why not let the parents of the private school kids keep their tax money? Why should they pay for public school education for other kids? I am willing to bet a lot would be singing a different tune if the state would allow this, if you have kids and send them to private schools you do not owe your local public school district a dime! Let's see how fast the public schools who voted for this would cry, once again.

Only people who are "hating" are people like you. And are HIDING behind the EXCUSE that you want it to be fair, We all know it's not about being fair, and your post just proves that point, heck it screams it!

BTW, I went to a public school, a very good one at that, one that's football team will be playing LCA in week two of the playoffs. I would rather see my team lose to LCA if they (LCA) are good enough, than to beat a weak/inferior public school team.

Good, then why not let the parents of the private school kids keep their tax money? Why should they pay for public school education for other kids? I am willing to bet a lot would be singing a different tune if the state would allow this, if you have kids and send them to private schools you do not owe your local public school district a dime! Let's see how fast the public schools who voted for this would cry, once again.

Only people who are "hating" are people like you.

BTW, I went to a public school, a very good one at that, one that's football team will be playing LCA in week two of the playoffs. I would rather see my team lose to LCA if they are good enough than to beat a weak/inferior public school team.

The money that is paid in taxes by 1 individual does not come near paying for a single child to be educated. Public school taxes are there b/c our forefathers were smart enough to know the importance of educating everyone. It was important they said, that even those who do not have kids in school should also contribute (there are a lot of single and childless people who also pay taxes).

The money that is paid in taxes by 1 individual does not come near paying for a single child to be educated. Public school taxes are there b/c our forefathers were smart enough to know the importance of educating everyone. It was important they said, that even those who do not have kids in school should also contribute (there are a lot of single and childless people who also pay taxes).

I agree, but seeing how some like the one who started this thread act, they don't want the privates, they are basically showing them the door.

My point is, IF, and I know it would be a HUGE if, but if parents of private school kids could not pay into the public school system you would hear a lot of people then wanting to talk, and work things out. The fact is public schools need all of the tax money they can get, including that from parents of private school kids.

To the Sports Authority - Do you really think that if the rules keep changing your teams will get better. Rarely - (Brohm - Catholic Grade School Boy) do St. X & Trinity ever have Division 1 players. The fact of the matter is the men at THS & St. X succeed because they work harder than your guys do. The vote simply showed that a majority of the public schools want to work less and make championships easier. Frankly - We will succeed whatever happens -

This all comes down to competition and leveling the playing field? I have to wonder who is supporting this? Especially from the NKY? No private school has dominated in any sport up here, maybe other than CovCath in baseball and possibly a little bit in basketball. I think it is all the smaller schools getting together and saying to themselves 1.) we get rid of a lot of cometition 2.) our road to winning regional championships becomes a lot easier. I just think in this day in age it is not something to be teaching our younger teenagers in the state. If this passes, basiclly this teaches them "that if I'm not good enough at one sport I shouldn't try to get better, I should just move to a more level playing field." Why don't we just pull all the competition and throw it all away so that we can give every single Kentucky school a state championship so nobody's feelings are hurt.

:thumb: