Time for a drink!

jahearme

Let's share some drink recipes with each other. I'll start with a couple my wife introduced me to.

OLD FASHIONED

1.5 oz Maker’s Mark

.5 oz Club Soda

2 orange slices

2 maraschino cherries

1 teaspoon sugar or 1 sugar cube

Muddle orange slice, maraschino cherry, and teaspoon of sugar in an Old Fashioned glass. Fill glass ¾ full with ice. Add 1.5 oz Maker’s Mark and a splash of Club Soda. Garnish with additional orange slice and maraschino cherry.

KENTUCKY MOJITO

Combine in a collins glass:

½ fresh lime (quartered)

.25oz sugar syrup

6-8 mint leaves

Splash soda water

Muddle ingredients then add

1.5oz Maker’s Mark

Fill glass with crushed ice

Top with soda water

Garnish with mint sprig

May I suggest a vodka to you?

Effen Vodka. Good stuff.

I definitely like Effen. It's kind of pricey for vodka though - at least for me. If I'm gonna blow cash on liquor, it's gonna be on bourbon.

Regardless, I go with Luksusowa Vodka. It's a very smooth potato vodka, and it's not expensive at all. It may cost slightly more than Smirnoff, but it tastes fantastic. This year at New Years a good friend of mine who fancies herself a vodka drinker showed up with a bottle of Belvedere Vodka. I made her try it up against Luksosowa, Smirnoff and Tito's in a blind taste test, and she liked Luksosowa the best.

I definitely like Effen. It's kind of pricey for vodka though - at least for me. If I'm gonna blow cash on liquor, it's gonna be on bourbon.

Regardless, I go with Luksusowa Vodka. It's a very smooth potato vodka, and it's not expensive at all. It may cost slightly more than Smirnoff, but it tastes fantastic. This year at New Years a good friend of mine who fancies herself a vodka drinker showed up with a bottle of Belvedere Vodka. I made her try it up against Luksosowa, Smirnoff and Tito's in a blind taste test, and she liked Luksosowa the best.

What's your favorite bourbon to splurge on?

Basil Hayden?

Booker's?

Knob Creek?

Baker's?

Those are some of the favorites in our house.