Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Former big name Reds players - You don't remember

Featured Replies

How about Mark Wohlers? He was a flame thrower in Atlanta. I think Chipper Jones was sleeping with his wife & Wohlers was unable to throw a strike. From what I recall, he came to Cincinnati and did fairly well.

 

Wohlers had the fastest clocked fastball until Joel Zumaya broke the record fairly recently.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about Mark Wohlers? He was a flame thrower in Atlanta. I think Chipper Jones was sleeping with his wife & Wohlers was unable to throw a strike. From what I recall, he came to Cincinnati and did fairly well.

 

Wohlers had the fastest clocked fastball until Joel Zumaya broke the record fairly recently.

 

I think he had Steve Blass disease...same thing that affected Steve Sax, Chuck Knoblauch and Mackey Sasser.

Buddy Bell

Bill Gullickson

Terry Francona

Leon Durham

Manny Trillo

Juan Samuel

I think he had Steve Blass disease...same thing that affected Steve Sax, Chuck Knoblauch and Mackey Sasser.

Chuck Knoblauch connected with his wife last week. Got arrested for domestic assault.

Russell the muscle Branyan

Brady Clark

 

Fan favorites..

Tony Cloninger,a longtime starter for the Braves in the 60's,Pitch for the Reds in the early 70's.

A trio of pretty good closers:

 

Trevor Hoffman

Lee Smith

Jeff Brantley

 

 

Hoffman was in the Reds farm system, but never played for the Reds.

Eric Milton

 

.... Still leaves a sour taste

 

I got to meet Dave Dombrowski (GM, President, et al. of the Detroit Tigers) shortly after they won the World Series. I was privileged to actually go into his office & meet with him for a short time before the Tigers played the Cardinals in a World Series rematch of the year before.

 

I told him that Cincinnati had a "well-kept secret named Eric Milton" that he should pursue.

 

He responded, "You know, it's funny you say that. I was just talking to John Allen the other day. With a contract like that, I think Milton is going to remain a well-kept secret in Cincinnati for a LONG time."

 

I tried my best.

What about the Boomer, David Wells?

Ruben Sierra, Frank Viola, Juan Guzman.

Three Fingers Brown

Rick Mahler - Will forever be a Brave in my mind, but spent two years in Cincinnati, and was on their championship team in '90.

 

Did he ever look odd without that beard?

For those that remember the 75 Series, Bernie Carbo.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.