Posted Images

So who all do they have now?

Ocho

Caldwell

Simpson

Jones

Bryant

Cosby???

I am not seeing a whole lot of room for another receiver.

I'm not sure why you're assuming Simpson, Jones, or Caldwell for that matter are locks to make the roster...

At this point, if I'm the Bengals, the WR depth chart is:

Chad

Bryant

Caldwell

Cosby

Jones

Simpson

You add TO, and you cut your losses with Simpson. Seems simple enough to me.

If he can stay healthy, this is a good pickup. I just think this is overpaying for him. He's only had one or two good years in his career. I would of rather them sign T.O. for a lot less money and drafted a WR this season.

I'm not sure why you're assuming Simpson, Jones, or Caldwell for that matter are locks to make the roster...

At this point, if I'm the Bengals, the WR depth chart is:

Chad

Bryant

Caldwell

Cosby

Jones

Simpson

You add TO, and you cut your losses with Simpson. Seems simple enough to me.

Never said they were locks, just asking a simple question. Chad had some good things to say about Simpson last week, so I just assumed he saw a bright future with the guy on the Bengal roster. Some of the logic would dictate the Bengals will attempt to develop some of the younger receivers and not waive them for a gamble on a older veteran.

Another typical sorry Bengals free agent signing. They overspend on a 29 year old receiver with a bad history, (traded out of Dallas by Parcells after he threw a towel at the coach, banned for a year for violation of the substance abuse policy). This bum has had a 1000 yd season twice and has never caught over 83 balls and they pay him more than any other receiver in the NFL on salary alone. This guy will make more in salary than Randy Moss, Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Roddy White, Steve Smith (Car), Braylon Edwards, Greg Jennings, Larry Fitzgerald and all the young star receivers that are still playing under the contracts they signed as rookies. What are they thinking? This guy is not even in the same stratosphere as those guys and yet the Bengals make this signing. Unbelievable!!! Thanks Tampa Bay for making this guy your franchise player last year. Let's all hope none of this money is guaranteed.