Bengals Sign Antonio Bryant

Another typical sorry Bengals free agent signing. They overspend on a 29 year old receiver with a bad history, (traded out of Dallas by Parcells after he threw a towel at the coach, banned for a year for violation of the substance abuse policy). This bum has had a 1000 yd season twice and has never caught over 83 balls and they pay him more than any other receiver in the NFL on salary alone. This guy will make more in salary than Randy Moss, Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Roddy White, Steve Smith (Car), Braylon Edwards, Greg Jennings, Larry Fitzgerald and all the young star receivers that are still playing under the contracts they signed as rookies. What are they thinking? This guy is not even in the same stratosphere as those guys and yet the Bengals make this signing. Unbelievable!!! Thanks Tampa Bay for making this guy your franchise player last year. Let's all hope none of this money is guaranteed.

I choked on my water when I seen this picture. :lol:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The price is a lil high that was my concern as well originally. But this isn't the best FA class for WR's. My guess is they signed him at this length to be the #1 after Chad walks. With two good knee's he is a big play threat. High risk, high reward here.

I don't know how I feel about this. He is an upgrade over what we had last year. However a part of me really wanted TO here, and well a part of me thinks we are paying him to much. If we were going to pay a guy a lot of money, should have got Marshall and paid him two million more a year than Bryant.

I don't know how I feel about this. He is an upgrade over what we had last year. However a part of me really wanted TO here, and well a part of me thinks we are paying him to much. If we were going to pay a guy a lot of money, should have got Marshall and paid him two million more a year than Bryant.

I agree.

I don't think Marshall is as available as people think. If it is just going to cost you a first rounder, I can think of about 10 teams who should jump on it.

At this point last year, most of us were gushing over the Bengals picking up Coles. He turned out to be a montrous disappointment. Ultimately Bryant will probably turn out to be better than what Coles offered, but let's face it - the bar is set incredibly low. I just can't get excited about this pickup and certainly not for what they are paying him.

As a non bengals fan.....Not real thrilled about the Antonio Bryant signing. This is a guy who's clashed with teammates and/or coaches everywhere he's been, not to mention failed drug tests here and there. Bryant and Matt Jones will definitely help the narcotics business in Cincinnati. Whether or not they will help the Bengals is yet to be known. Again just my thoughts from a non bengals fan, so take it for what it is.

I think many are oblivious to the fact that the players have to WANT to come to Cincy for the Bengals to sign them....You guys that keep bringing up stuff about how they choose Bryant over TO or Marshall are failing to realize that those guys may not have been all that interested in Cincy.

Maybe TO wanted a multi-year deal, and the Bengals weren't willing to offer it.

Maybe they made a phone call to Marshall, and he said he wasn't interested.

Bryant is young, he is talented, Carson wanted him from the get go, and he wasn't too too expensive and considering there wasn't much on the FA market I think the Bengals done good.

:thumb:

Bryant is one of the best WR's on the market. He got a nice contract, but Mikey showed that he's willing to part with a WR who doesn't produce when he cut Coles.

Coles would not have been such a disappointment if he would have caught the passes that hit him in the chest. Hopefully Bryant can do that and more. He's a big, strong WR who should be able to block a little bit in the running game and go across the middle of the field.