Bengals Sign Antonio Bryant

Why are so many people enamored over this reach of a FA signing? This guy has been with 4 organizations in 8 years, suspended for one for substance abuse and run out of Dallas by Parcells. He has produced more than 80catches only once and had only two 1000 yard seasons in seven. This guy does not stack up to the other top receivers in football and the Bengals are locking up $7m per year on him. Do you really think that Ocho will be fine with him making so much more money than he does? He was jealous of the fact that Houshmanzadeh might do this so how will he really act now that this has happened? The only hope I have is that none of this money is guaranteed and if he is sent packing before he fulfills his contract that it won't lock the team up down the road financially.

But, everyone is a good signing when the Bengals do it...:lol: Matt Jones was going to stretch the field like a man possessed.

I do like this move though, it's much better than getting Grandpa Owens IMO.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a weak WR free agent class... and they got the guy labeled as #1 in it. Can't make apple juice without apples.

I don't disagree with that at all. But at the end of the day, this is not an overwhelmingly exciting signing and not going to elevate the Bengal's passing game all that much. People can talk about Bryant's potential all they want, but he really hasn't produced all that much. In fact, he brings far less to the table than what we thought Coles would be bringing this time last year.

It's a weak WR free agent class... and they got the guy labeled as #1 in it. Can't make apple juice without apples.

I don't disagree that it was a good signing for the Bengals but now we will have to live with their stories of not having enough money to spend on other needs. I just can't see tieing up that much money on an average receiver and then letting some guys go that are also needed in other places.

I don't disagree with that at all. But at the end of the day, this is not an overwhelmingly exciting signing and not going to elevate the Bengal's passing game all that much. People can talk about Bryant's potential all they want, but he really hasn't produced all that much. In fact, he brings far less to the table than what we thought Coles would be bringing this time last year.

Well we were wrong about Coles. So maybe this means we will be wrong about him, and he will end up being great for this team. :D

I don't disagree that it was a good signing for the Bengals but now we will have to live with their stories of not having enough money to spend on other needs. I just can't see tieing up that much money on an average receiver and then letting some guys go that are also needed in other places.

Receiver was their biggest need. Yeah now they won't have the money to sign guys back like Graham, Roy Williams, and maybe Bobby Williams. Bobby Williams would have been the only one I would have wanted back out of that group. So its not like they are killing theirselves in other areas. Graham needed to be gone anyways, Roy Williams just cant stay healthy anymore because of his arm and no reason to think that wouldn't be different this year. Bobby Williams could be the only one that hurts, and even then they have guys that could fill in like Evan Mathis who did a good job at LG last year, or Anthony Collins. So don't be upset about how they might not be able to get these guys back, it wouldn't make to big of a difference anyways IMO.