South Oldham 65 Gallatin County 63

If Kristian Morgan hadn't hit the shot againist Owen at the end of regulation would we be talking about the foul? The questions can go on and on, but it all ends with the game ending on a whistle. This is how it ended and that is the debate that will be had.

Why do you stay home on the biggest night of the year?

Reasons!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If Kristian Morgan hadn't hit the shot againist Owen at the end of regulation would we be talking about the foul? The questions can go on and on, but it all ends with the game ending on a whistle. This is how it ended and that is the debate that will be had.

Why do you stay home on the biggest night of the year?

What does the Owen game have to do with it? :ohbrother:

Good perspective, Gator. One call didn't decide this game, though that won't make the hurt for the Wildcats any less.

I hear this all the time BUT at that time in the game the missed call did decide the game. You can always rationalize the other points in the game when things happen but when it comes down to the end is when things do have a major impact on the outcome of the game. The reason is that there is not any more time to make up for what happened...and that decides the game.

I hear this all the time BUT at that time in the game the missed call did decide the game. You can always rationalize the other points in the game when things happen but when it comes down to the end is when things do have a major impact on the outcome of the game. The reason is that there is not any more time to make up for what happened...and that decides the game.

Good post. Couldn't agree with you more.

Here is a link to the last 15 seconds of the ball game. Look at it and tell me if the kid really got fouled. Looks like to me that Jones got fouled more on the other end, and there was no call.

It looks pretty clean to me. I feel for Zac.

Thanks for the clip. Disinterested viewpoint here.

1. Zero chance anyone can look at that video and say whether there was a foul. The defender was close enough that I would say unless you were courtside, you can't say if it was a foul or not. It definitely is not obvious one way or the other. The shot did fall well short which usually means the shooter was hit to cause it to go short but there isn't anything on the video to back that up.

2. Yes, it did get South Oldham the win but it was a tie game when the foul was called. The point being Gallatin County wasn't going to win if there was no foul called. The best Gallatin could hope for was going to overtime and there is obviously no guarantee they would win if it did.

Bottom line ... it was a judgement call, the official saw a foul and to me it looks like there may have been one.

SO didn't overlook anyone. GC just outplayed them early. Let's give some credit to GC's coaches for getting them prepared to play. No one overlooks their opponent at this level. If they do they won't be around very long.

Dude, were you at the same game? SO didnt not expect Gallatin to come out and run over them like they did. It took a whole quarter before they woke up! I would say that is over looking! Coach Simpson didn't that is why he benched his starters after about 3 or 4 minutes. At this level? We are talking about 15 to 18 year olds, that hardly ever stay focused. If you read my post you will see that I gave credit to GC. Read next time before you post! Thank you.

Thanks for the clip. Disinterested viewpoint here.

1. Zero chance anyone can look at that video and say whether there was a foul. The defender was close enough that I would say unless you were courtside, you can't say if it was a foul or not. It definitely is not obvious one way or the other. The shot did fall well short which usually means the shooter was hit to cause it to go short but there isn't anything on the video to back that up.

2. Yes, it did get South Oldham the win but it was a tie game when the foul was called. The point being Gallatin County wasn't going to win if there was no foul called. The best Gallatin could hope for was going to overtime and there is obviously no guarantee they would win if it did.

Bottom line ... it was a judgement call, the official saw a foul and to me it looks like there may have been one.

Taking a 23 foot off ballanced fall away jumper with time running out usually makes for a short shot. A courtside view from SO endzone says there was no foul just a horrible call that can't be called unless you were ready for the long trip back to Louisville and didn't want the OT call.

I was there had a court side view and there should not have been a foul called. This game should have went into overtime and decided by the athletes and coaches and not the refs. Great game. One of the best I've seen this year. GC played their hearts out and has nothing to be ashamed of. SO is full of talent and if they play as a team should win tonight. Good luck SO in the championship tonight.

Taking a 23 foot off ballanced fall away jumper with time running out usually makes for a short shot. A courtside view from SO endzone says there was no foul just a horrible call that can't be called unless you were ready for the long trip back to Louisville and didn't want the OT call.

I just watched the clip again. It wasn't a "fall away jumper". The kid took several dribbles and pulled up into the jumper. I think the official thought there was a foul so he blew the whistle - and that is the only reason why he blew the whistle. I have no dog in the hunt. If I had to pick a team, I would root for Gallatin. But that is not even close to being a blatant missed call. From the clip, I am not saying there was or wasn't a foul but I can see why an official could call a foul there.

I just watched the clip again. It wasn't a "fall away jumper". The kid took several dribbles and pulled up into the jumper. I think the official thought there was a foul so he blew the whistle - and that is the only reason why he blew the whistle. I have no dog in the hunt. If I had to pick a team, I would root for Gallatin. But that is not even close to being a blatant missed call. From the clip, I am not saying there was or wasn't a foul but I can see why an official could call a foul there.
I can assure you that the video does not do justice to what my eyes actually saw. I had a much better view than you and the video camera. It was a bogus call, plain and simple. As previously stated in another thread, the shooter in question admitted to flopping. The defender has as much right to that space as the shooter as long as the defender is straight up ( which he was) and does not move in under the shooter while shooter is in air.