Everyone keeps saying that this issue "needs to be addressed"...

98NCCalum

Next question:

Why does NKY have a different district "rule" about private/public district games than Louisville?

I don't think there is such a thing if there is a private/public split.

So if CovCath, Holy Cross, Holmes, Ludlow was a district previously... under the new "order" Holmes and Ludlow would be left as a district that could change and the private schools can do whatever they want also.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Can the private schools lay claim to the ownership, then, of all private gradeshool kids? Because those are the only schools that private schools are allowed to visit. The high schools here in Louisville hold open houses, and it's an open invitation to the community to attend, there's one collective event held at Bellarmine where any and all are welcome to come and get information.

The ONLY schools the high schools are allowed to go into are private grade schools.

We have freshmen orientation for the freshmen that are enrolled at our HS. It happens a few days before their freshmen year. That is the only thing done.

I would say that the strong public schools have a good relationship with the private schools and not necessarily all public schools.

There is 1 school that is opposing prop 20 openly. I think that is very different than other parts of the state.

I don't think there is such a thing if there is a private/public split.

So if CovCath, Holy Cross, Holmes, Ludlow was a district previously... under the new "order" Holmes and Ludlow would be left as a district that could change and the private schools can do whatever they want also.

I think that if pop 20 passes, the private schools take their ball and go home. They figure a way to survive, but I don't think they will be a part of the KHSAA and I don't think it will be a mirror of the way things are now, but with only private schools.

Can the private schools lay claim to the ownership, then, of all private gradeshool kids? Because those are the only schools that private schools are allowed to visit. The high schools here in Louisville hold open houses, and it's an open invitation to the community to attend, there's one collective event held at Bellarmine where any and all are welcome to come and get information.

The ONLY schools the high schools are allowed to go into are private grade schools.

In a perfect world maybe......the ways are many are varied in the art of defurring a feline.....translation....there is more than one way to skin a cat.

I guess what I am trying to say is that the perception is that although what you are saying is true, it is not practiced.

I think that if pop 20 passes, the private schools take their ball and go home. They figure a way to survive, but I don't think they will be a part of the KHSAA and I don't think it will be a mirror of the way things are now, but with only private schools.

If that should happen then alot of people will just say.....See Ya!!!!!