Everyone keeps saying that this issue "needs to be addressed"...

98NCCalum

Once again you are seeing it as a punishment and it is not. "Privates" will have their own state championship. You will have a post season. Everything will be just as it is, with the exception that you will only be playing other private schools.

Really it would open up some things for the privates such as bringing in and playing other high profile programs. You want good competition, well its out there, go and play it. Scheduling would be much easier, and the opportunity for big gates is even better.

No, it won't be just as it is. Let me ask you this. Why are the public schools willing to play us in district play, but not in the post season? Tell me any possible logical answer to that.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I respectfully disagree. I believe that addressing this issue is long over due. although throwing the baby out with the bath water may not be the best solution, it may be the easiest. That way the "privates" can get together and "address the issue" and come back at a later date with a possible compromise, although I seriously doubt that would happens since they have not been willing to compromise in the past or presently on this matter.

Compromise? Why is it the private schools must be the ones who continually are expected to compromise? We have abided by the rules that have been in place, we have been classified, re-classified, and now we're being de-classified. What more do you want? We abide by every rule. Why is it that because the public schools want the rules changed, that the private schools should simply, quietly go along with the "plan"?

And to say that we have never been willing to compromise in the past or presently is hogwash! The fact is that there are a lot of things we COULD do, but we don't, because we want to continue as a part of the KHSAA. We've done those things all along. There comes a point that there is simply no more room to compromise, and a stand must be made! I think this is that time on this issue.

I agree that they can have bigger gates that way. But they will want to come back, heck they don't want to leave.

I think it's a matter of not wanting change - the private schools don't want to leave...who would? Nobody likes to be kicked out of anything; on the other hand, once (if) they are kicked out, then I think they will see just how beneficial it could be to their program. I think you'd still see Covington Catholic play Highlands, but other than that, I don't see why CCH would play ANY public school in the state of KY.

Also, wouldn't the private schools be able to LEGALLY recruit if this plan were to go through? Or would they still be members of the KHSAA? I'll be honest, I'm not 100% positive on the exact ruling, but I do know that the public schools better be careful what they wish for. If they think that the private schools are attracting the best players now, just wait if they can legally recruit.

I think it's a matter of not wanting change - the private schools don't want to leave...who would? Nobody likes to be kicked out of anything; on the other hand, once (if) they are kicked out, then I think they will see just how beneficial it could be to their program. I think you'd still see Covington Catholic play Highlands, but other than that, I don't see why CCH would play ANY public school in the state of KY.

Also, wouldn't the private schools be able to LEGALLY recruit if this plan were to go through? Or would they still be members of the KHSAA? I'll be honest, I'm not 100% positive on the exact ruling, but I do know that the public schools better be careful what they wish for. If they think that the private schools are attracting the best players now, just wait if they can legally recruit.

The KHSAA would want it classified into two division private/public. But if they do this, privates will most probably just outright leave the association, which then bring a whole new monster the public schools just don't want.

Knock Knock at the door Hi i'm coach blank from private school blank, come play at my school and we will pay your tution and guarntee you better national attention than any public school in the area.

The KHSAA would want it classified into two division private/public. But if they do this, privates will most probably just outright leave the association, which then bring a whole new monster the public schools just don't want.

Knock Knock at the door Hi i'm coach blank from private school blank, come play at my school and we will pay your tution and guarntee you better national attention than any public school in the area.

If this does go through, then the privates should leave the KHSAA and start their own association - I believe rockmom (or someone in the Louisville area) mentioned that there is currently an association in place in Louisville for middle school teams? If so, maybe the privates could play under that for a year or two until they get their own thing settled and worked out.

What some public school supporters don't understand is the drastic difference in size in private schools and how few of us their are. It would be impossible for a majority of private schools to compete with Trinity,St.X,CCH, and Lex Cath.

Exactly who doesn't understand what? :D

I think the public schools would tell you that you are getting a taste of life in their shoes.

If this does go through, then the privates should leave the KHSAA and start their own association - I believe rockmom (or someone in the Louisville area) mentioned that there is currently an association in place in Louisville for middle school teams? If so, maybe the privates could play under that for a year or two until they get their own thing settled and worked out.

The CSAA. It's the governing body of Catholic grade school sports in Louisville.

I will not stop asking this question until SOMEONE answers it:

Why are the public schools willing to play us in regular season play, but not in the post season? Tell me any possible logical answer to that.

I would guess they would tell you it is because decisions to play regular season contests would be optional.

I would guess they would tell you it is because decisions to play regular season contests would be optional.

Optional for whom? If the Private schools said, heck no....then would they still get to play in their "private school KHSAA championship game"? Or would it be one of those "if you don't play your district opponents, you can't play in a championship game" scenarios?

I still don't have an answer to my question.

I case anyone's forgotten the question:

Why are the public schools willing to play us in district play, but not in the post season? Tell me any possible logical answer to that.

Optional for whom? If the Private schools said, heck no....then would the still get to play in their "private school KHSAA championship game"? Or would it be one of those "if you don't play your district opponents, you can't play in a championship game" scenarios?

I still don't have an answer to my question.

I case anyone's forgotten the question:

Why are the public schools willing to play us in district play, but not in the post season? Tell me any possible logical answer to that.

Optional for both. If the state championships are seperate than the games (district or whatever structure they come up with) to decide who qualifies will be seperate, therefore, any regular season meeting between privates and publics would be just as they are now, two teams mutually agreeing to play in a game that in the big picture doesn't matter.