Shake-up at KHSAA?

Frank329

7th, I'm definitely not considered by people that know me as being PC, yet I must respectfully yet strongly disagree with you. First of all, the Commissioner of the KHSAA is responsible for all sports; not just male sports. Second, knowing Brigid well, she was definitely not a threat to football as we know it. She was actually a very, very big supporter of football.

I don't care whether our next Commissioner is a male or female as long as the person selected is good for Ky high school athletics.

Absolutely could not agree more with you LN. Archaic thinking is what pagues our sports programs whether it be in Frankfort or in the stands (especially in the stands). While Brigid had her faults, as EVERY leader does, she did a decent enough job to warrant holding the position for the many years she did.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was gonna say "great post now get your hind end back in the kitchen". But I think this thread can do without my juvenile attempts at humor. :lol:

Please, resume!

Why so you can see me in one of those swedish maid outfits??

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Seems someone's been knocked in the head one to many times from that big bad game they call foosball ball...oh I mean soccer...oh wait you know that one game you get a touchdown for shooting a three! :lol::lol::lol:

Why so you can see me in one of those swedish maid outfits??

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Seems someone's been knocked in the head one to many times from that big bad game they call foosball ball...oh I mean soccer...oh wait you know that one game you get a touchdown for shooting a three! :lol::lol::lol:

Why else?:idunno:

Frankly, I don't care who is the lead dog whether sire or dam, as long as they run the ship the right way. There are lots of issues that have been outlined in these forums for several years that could use a change. I hope that whomever takes over the reins isn't afraid of some change that can benefit the student athletes.:thumb:

I wasn't name calling. I was calling like I see it. :thumb: As for the name calling better re-read your post. You have belittled many women by your statements. You dont' know me and I can promise you could never make me cry.

I work in a very male dominated job. On a daily basis I run circles around the men I come across. Why because I am outstanding at what I do! I am a STRONG woman that can do ANYTHING (and succeed) I set my sights on. If being the KHSAA Commissioner was a job I wanted to do. I would bet you a million dollars I would be one of the best they have ever had.

Oh and try a little to respect females!

Sorry mam I really didn't mean to disrespect women at all and you sound like an excellent person to employ. I work with two women that run circles around some of the men. Now that I think about it I would keep them and fire some of those guys they work with on their presses. But they will be the first to tell you they couldn't work on our big presses because everything is much bigger and requires more strength than they have to run them. We all have our limits and shouldn't pretend these limits don't exist.

Why else?:idunno:

Frankly, I don't care who is the lead dog whether sire or dam, as long as they run the ship the right way. There are lots of issues that have been outlined in these forums for several years that could use a change. I hope that whomever takes over the reins isn't afraid of some change that can benefit the student athletes.:thumb:

I agree with you 100%. As I stated in an previous post when this came out. I would really like to see a fresh face in this position. I understand that Tackett has been around, served his time, is a good ole boy, etc.. Just don't think he is the right person for the job.

A linebacker would be a much better choice considering he has first hand practical experience. Football is controlled combat and it is impossible for those who have never been in combat to fully understand it. I'll take the linebacker!

Well you got me there, I have never played football so I guess I know nothing about the game.:rolleyes::ohbrother:

Actually, you're almost right. We are controlled chaos....which mayor may not include combat. :D

Thanks for the lively debate folks, it's been fun. You have helped me gauge the attitude of todays football fans. I like good competition and can sometimes be a little more aggressive than I mean to be. My apologies to the ladies!

Thanks for the lively debate folks, it's been fun. You have helped me gauge the attitude of todays football fans. I like good competition and can sometimes be a little more aggressive than I mean to be. My apologies to the ladies!

7th, I apologize for my knee-jerk reaction in my first post. Personally, I don't want the job, nor am I qualified for the job of KHSAA Commissioner. I don't envy anyone on the KHSAA Board. The reality of the KHSAA is that it is an organization of voting members. Despite their own personal beliefs regarding rules, regulations or favorite sports, they are asked to take the wishes of the organization to heart and meld those wishes into policy that will satisfy the majority, without infringing on the fairness, sportsmanship and rights of the minority. They are most often scapegoats and maligned. But in reality, they are good people trying to do the right thing. My hat is off to anyone who chooses to throw their hat in the ring.

I think it's unfair to characterize Julian Tackett as DeVries Part Deux. As Assistant Commissioner, he was as subject to following the directives handed to him as any of us is in our jobs to our bosses. Whether he agreed or disagreed, it was up to him to carry out his "orders". I also don't think Ms. DeVries did a bad job. Had Wilson Sears had his way, Publics and Privates would no longer play each other. I feel that man single-handedly kept stirring a pot to further some nefarious agenda of his own. Credit Ms. DeVries and Mr. Tackett for finding a solution that may not have fully satisfied the followers of Mr. Sears, but did offer a workable solution without penalizing anyone.

I think before any of us decide that the KHSAA is not looking out for anyone's interests, we should look to see what advantages our schools have had, for some even protection from unfairness, by the hard work of those in that office.

We are talking about a violent sport that only males can play and with all due respect to female sports they don't have a sport that comes close to the physical demands of football so if you have never been there you can't possibly understand it. Please tell us about your experience with playing football in the trenches.

Been around a long time and I have never seen a woman that could line up and play football in the trenches with the men. It will never happen. I know this age is coming to a lot of women taking over jobs that men had, but they will not be able to line up and play FOOTBALL the way it is supposed to be played. Administration and possible a President one of these days, but never on on the football field.