Shake-up at KHSAA?

Frank329

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be good for everyone if a football guy got the job.

I agree. Perhaps some stability and common sense for a sport that has lacked a little of both over the last decade. The loudest voice would be on the side of football - and that's a good thing.:thumb:

Julian has been the guy to talk to there for a number of years. He knows what's going on across the state.

I don't agree with him on everything, but he's allowed to be wrong every once in a while. He's always open for discussion, which is important.

In my opinion, we need someone who knows something about how schools work in today's society. Julian Tackett is not that person. He's been stuck in the KHSAA office now for many years and he does not know the logistics of Kentucky schools.

Here are two names I'll put out there:

Gary Dearborn.

Phil Rison.

I have mixed feelings about Mr. Tackett becoming the commissioner. I agree he is well qualified and put in the time. He seems to be dedicated and have a strong interest in football. According the the courier-journal he has already applied for the opening.

My concern is that this is like hiring a coach in waiting. What are you going to get that is new and refreshing? Or are you going to be playing out of the same old playbook? It just seems to me that the KHSAA is in need of some new dynamics a different way of looking at things. I hope all candiates are looked at for all that they will bring to the table.