Shake-up at KHSAA?

Frank329

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a she could be a linebacker then she would be much more quaulified to run the show.But since she isn't physically able to even play the game she has no business running the show. Trench warfare doesn't need a mothers touch. We grampas are guilty of one thing for sure, telling it the way we know it and see it. We still call something green green,something blue is blue and PC is a brainwashing technique. Just a voice from the wilderness ashamed of the direction we are heading.

You are also guilty of being senile.

I believe a women should be in charge of girls sports for sure because she is a girl and fully understands. As far as I can tell I am telling the truth and all else is smoke and mirrors.I'll bet I've been handling the truth much longer than you,but still have respect for your opinions. Believe it or not I have great respect for everyone on here. Just think of me as a crusty old grampa that you don't always agree with but you love that old fart anyway. God bless you all,and I truly mean it!

Just to be clear, you are saying that "girls" are capable of only understanding sporting activities that other females are active in such as basketball, softball, track, swimming, golf, cross country, volleyball, tennis and cheereleading? Everything except football? Because there's no way that anyone with female genitalia could possibly understand what it means to give up their Summer's lying by the pool and be outside sweating, running, lifting weights to improve in their prospective sport? Because no one with mammary glands could possibly understand "trench warfare"? :ohbrother:

I believe a women should be in charge of girls sports for sure because she is a girl and fully understands. As far as I can tell I am telling the truth and all else is smoke and mirrors.I'll bet I've been handling the truth much longer than you,but still have respect for your opinions. Believe it or not I have great respect for everyone on here. Just think of me as a crusty old grampa that you don't always agree with but you love that old fart anyway. God bless you all,and I truly mean it!

So, how is it that the COMMISSIONER of the KHSAA can't be female? You can't have two commissioners. You have, potentially, individuals on staff that handle certain sports. But your line of thinking has no validity in selecting a commissioner. I'm sorry. I try to respect all others' opinions. But what you've outlined is simply not valid. Your argument COULD hold water if there were commissioners for each sport. But from an overall perspective, the Commissioner of the KHSAA should not selected because they've played a particular sport, but because they can lead a group of individuals from varied backgrounds and disciplines, public and private, rural and public in a membership organization. The KHSAA isn't about one sport. The KHSAA is about Kentucky High School Athletics...all of them.

You are also guilty of being senile.

I could lower myself to name calling but I thought it wasn't allowed. You don't know me at all! It is typical for liberal types to resort to name calling when they are backed into a corner. When I have a face to face discussion with liberal types they always lose badly and either start crying or walk away babbling under their breath so this is nothing new. Please give those who don't agree with you a little respect.

So, how is it that the COMMISSIONER of the KHSAA can't be female? You can't have two commissioners. You have, potentially, individuals on staff that handle certain sports. But your line of thinking has no validity in selecting a commissioner. I'm sorry. I try to respect all others' opinions. But what you've outlined is simply not valid. Your argument COULD hold water if there were commissioners for each sport. But from an overall perspective, the Commissioner of the KHSAA should not selected because they've played a particular sport, but because they can lead a group of individuals from varied backgrounds and disciplines, public and private, rural and public in a membership organization. The KHSAA isn't about one sport. The KHSAA is about Kentucky High School Athletics...all of them.

Good point mam:notworthy:

Just to be clear, you are saying that "girls" are capable of only understanding sporting activities that other females are active in such as basketball, softball, track, swimming, golf, cross country, volleyball, tennis and cheereleading? Everything except football? Because there's no way that anyone with female genitalia could possibly understand what it means to give up their Summer's lying by the pool and be outside sweating, running, lifting weights to improve in their prospective sport? Because no one with mammary glands could possibly understand "trench warfare"? :ohbrother:

We are talking about a violent sport that only males can play and with all due respect to female sports they don't have a sport that comes close to the physical demands of football so if you have never been there you can't possibly understand it. Please tell us about your experience with playing football in the trenches.

We are talking about a violent sport that only males can play and with all due respect to female sports they don't have a sport that comes close to the physical demands of football so if you have never been there you can't possibly understand it. Please tell us about your experience with playing football in the trenches.

Not to be argumentative, but there are girls that DO play football. Not many, but some. In Louisville there is a female semi-pro football team. As well, although I do not argue that football is a violent sport, I have seen injuries in soccer...girls soccer...that are equally as harsh. As far as physical demands, with regard to sheer rigorous condition, I argue that swimming is more demanding than football. And my son played football so I do know what they do. Lacrosse is yet another sport that is violent, and has females that play. Granted, it's not a sanctioned sport in Kentucky....yet. But, football isn't alone in violence or physical demands.

So would you (or your commish) not allow Men to coach girls sports?

I could lower myself to name calling but I thought it wasn't allowed. You don't know me at all! It is typical for liberal types to resort to name calling when they are backed into a corner. When I have a face to face discussion with liberal types they always lose badly and either start crying or walk away babbling under their breath so this is nothing new. Please give those who don't agree with you a little respect.

I wasn't name calling. I was calling like I see it. :thumb: As for the name calling better re-read your post. You have belittled many women by your statements. You dont' know me and I can promise you could never make me cry.

I work in a very male dominated job. On a daily basis I run circles around the men I come across. Why because I am outstanding at what I do! I am a STRONG woman that can do ANYTHING (and succeed) I set my sights on. If being the KHSAA Commissioner was a job I wanted to do. I would bet you a million dollars I would be one of the best they have ever had.

Oh and try a little to respect females!

I wasn't name calling. I was calling like I see it. :thumb: As for the name calling better re-read your post. You have belittled many women by your statements. You dont' know me and I can promise you could never make me cry.

I work in a very male dominated job. On a daily basis I run circles around the men I come across. Why because I am outstanding at what I do! I am a STRONG woman that can do ANYTHING (and succeed) I set my sights on. If being the KHSAA Commissioner was a job I wanted to do. I would bet you a million dollars I would be one of the best they have ever had.

Oh and try a little to respect females!

I was gonna say "great post now get your hind end back in the kitchen". But I think this thread can do without my juvenile attempts at humor. :lol:

Please, resume!

Not to be argumentative, but there are girls that DO play football. Not many, but some. In Louisville there is a female semi-pro football team. As well, although I do not argue that football is a violent sport, I have seen injuries in soccer...girls soccer...that are equally as harsh. As far as physical demands, with regard to sheer rigorous condition, I argue that swimming is more demanding than football. And my son played football so I do know what they do. Lacrosse is yet another sport that is violent, and has females that play. Granted, it's not a sanctioned sport in Kentucky....yet. But, football isn't alone in violence or physical demands.

I'm not sure how the game is coached now but back in the 70s we were told to try our best to break bones on every play. Every move you make ends in a massive blow ment to cause as much physical damage to your opponent as possible and he was told to do the same to you. Decapitate him if you get a chance. This goes on all day with every play.IMO I think this sets football above the rest when it comes to violence. The most violent win state championships. Sometimes extreme violence is a good thing!

I'm not sure how the game is coached now but back in the 70s we were told to try our best to break bones on every play. Every move you make ends in a massive blow ment to cause as much physical damage to your opponent as possible and he was told to do the same to you. Decapitate him if you get a chance. This goes on all day with every play.IMO I think this sets football above the rest when it comes to violence. The most violent win state championships. Sometimes extreme violence is a good thing!

To be honest, I never asked if my son were told such things. But, given that football players play with FAR more protection these days than soccer and lacrosse players, and I see collisions of parallel brutality, I would still argue that football isn't alone in it's violence, especially today when there is far more at stake. Scholarships and championships can transform otherwise meek little girls into heartless competitors on the field.